Discuss Concrete Blocks in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MTiler

Hi Peeps

Do concrete blocks vary in quality and which are the best type? I take it I should go for Dense Blocks?
I ask as I am revamping an old concrete spa bath. It has cantilevered seats which would be practically impossible to waterproof underneath let a lone tile. So I plan to block them off with concrete blocks.
Whats the best way to cut/shape them?

cheers
Sharon

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Class a dense concrete blocks.

S

Spud

When I worked in Germany we would block up all our bath panels with 50mm gas ytong blocks they are lightweight and easy to cut, you can cut them with a masonry saw very similar to thermalight blocks ,if you are waterproofing them then they will work fine. As they are light weight they are very versatile too I would set them back at an angle to create a toe space

M

MTiler

When I worked in Germany we would block up all our bath panels with 50mm gas ytong blocks they are lightweight and easy to cut, you can cut them with a masonry saw very similar to thermalight blocks ,if you are waterproofing them then they will work fine. As they are light weight they are very versatile too I would set them back at an angle to create a toe space

Cheers Gary. Where do you get them from and what do you set them with? I was going to render the front of them before I waterproof the bath.

S

Spud

Builder depot in south gate should have them , the thinnest blocks here in the UK are 75mm you may have to use them

Reply to Concrete Blocks in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks