Discuss Cleaning Mould From Travertine in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Tilled an en-suite shower room about 7yrs ago, there is no window only an extractor fan.
The tiles are filled and honed travertine. The stone was all sealed when laid. I dont think it has been sealed again at any time.
There is now black mould that seems to be in any small imperfections.
What would be the best course of action to get this cleaned up and sealed.

Many thanks

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

i suggest the wife who chose it gives it a good clean with a tooth brush .

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

The customer is only after advise on the best practice and products to use
ok i give up here you go small pits will all ways go black its there nature if its been sealed it should still be sealed .you can use many loitions and posthions .but a quick way would be to use fine sand and water mix up like grout now grout over the lot then wash off the sand will pull the black marks off the grout if its been sealed .now tell the client not to use hand soap as this will speed up bactiera grouth x4 then use shower shine when they have a shower this will hold back the grouth but trav in a shower will always be on going maitance

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As ray , this will be ongoing maintenance

I would suggest degrease the whole area with a mild alkali specific stone cleaner- we have power clean or wexa if really grubby. Test this
Work over areas with a white pad and stiff scrubbing brush into the holes.
If the mould is still apparent , test and spay over a mildew remover ( we have mildew away )this will remove remaining spore and inhibit.use the brush to work into holes. Let the stone dry 4-6 day or until fully dry and then re- impregnate with your original product.

Maintain with a stone specific cleaner and get the client to use the mildew product when spore re-appears .

Reply to Cleaning Mould From Travertine in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damian
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks