Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cdm.....who Uses It On Domestics? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
If you only do domestic work here's 2 questions for you:-

1) Do you know what CDM is?
2) If you do know what it is, do you use CDM?

It would be nice to know as I've heard some news today that you may or may not be aware of!!

OP
John Benton

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Well after speaking with my sparky, who has just been on a CDM course, they have informed him that it is a legal requirement, and it would be the down to the main contractor to put the necessary in place, that could even be the homeowner.

Apparently, the sites now have H&S, sewn up, and it's the domestics where the accidents are happening. In other words they can't get any more money out of the builders so we'll see who we can move on to next. They are supposedly driving round looking for vans outside houses and they have power of entry and charge £124 per hour until all forms etc have been filled and passed. One guy was telling him it was 34 pages for a single storey extension and 11 pages for a bathroom.

Don't know who's got time to be doing al this paperwork!! :mad:

Reaction score
Didn't know of it but like bri, goggled it, after just a brief read, looks like fire risk assessments needed to be carried out for all jobs, task based risk assessment covering the tasks involved, I'd imagine coshh risk asssssessments to, I'd imagine a number of these could become generic. Like many things I would hope the level of work would be dictated by size of business, staff etc. That's just a little what I pulled out from it.

Last edited:
O

One Day

I'm aware of it since last year but i work alone and generally only on smaller domestic projects where the house holder is responsible.

O

One Day

Hang on a mo! Does this mean that a sole trader now has to inform the client about their duties under cdm and then produce a shed load of paper work before starting a project as simple as a bathroom ripout and refit?!

OP
John Benton

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hang on a mo! Does this mean that a sole trader now has to inform the client about their duties under cdm and then produce a shed load of paper work before starting a project as simple as a bathroom ripout and refit?!

I've not read it yet, but that's the gist as I understand it, my sparky was saying even if he was putting an additional socket he would have to do it as well

O

One Day

Quote I just found:
"This just another piece of nonsense from Brussels and is best ignored.
I have never known such large amounts of needless unproductive tasks which are solely designed to keep the otherwise unemployable in non-jobs at someone else's expense."

The best I can find is that domestic jobs over 30 days in length must be CDM compliant EVEN FOR SOLE TRADERS working alone.

J

Just Rizzle

c d m. construction design management regulations 2015. more rules and regulations from the hse.
basically a method statement for domestic properties and risk assesments .
had a firm rang me up to sell me the latest bumf regarding these moronic eu regulatiuons last week apparently it is a fine able offence

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just receive the price for :
Safety First Package - Information and Quote
Dear Ed Simon,

Want to be able to produce a Risk Assessment or Method Statement in less than 10 minutes? Would you like someone available with advice 7 days a week?

Join over 6,000 other companies in the UK and subscribe to our Safety First Package.

The Safety First Package is a fully-supported, online Health & Safety system. It will help you write your required documents in no time and we're here 363 days of the year to help. Not only that, but the system is backed by our price promise: "Find the same service elsewhere for less and receive the Safety First Package for a year free of charge"

The key features of the Safety First Package include:

• Easy-to-use system for creating job-specific risk assessments & method statements in minutes
  • Easy to create and review your bespoke Health & Safety Policy
  • Over 700 COSHH assessments readily available for you to choose from.
  • Help and Support 7 days a week
  • Legal Protection Insurance for HSE Prosecutions, Jury Service and other legal expenses
  • Access to our emergency document writing service for just£35+ VAT per document
The cost of this package is only£499+ VAT per annum.

I

Italy

seem like POS in Italy.
operational security plan.
+/- 50 pages.
always the same.
I have done 3/4 times. (artisans in Italy, without workers), serves only in public procurement. (Government)
artisans or companies with workers, serve to all jobs.
change only 3 pages. then stay the same.
artisans without workers, deliver DURC (attested that have paid all the taxes. (validity 90 days remake it).
Room and commerce registration, valid for 6 months)

Reaction score
Makes you wonder what the home owner would say when a random person knocks on the door and says I have the power to come in and you can't stop me... The home owner won't have a clue about cdm

Reply to Cdm.....who Uses It On Domestics? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock