Discuss Cardinal sin - tools in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Blunt Tool

When I was an apprentice my tradesmen always told me to buy the best tools I could afford and that way you will always look after them! Still stick to it ( one gauger I have is 30 years old and quarter its size)

T

Time's Ran Out

When I was an apprentice my tradesmen always told me to buy the best tools I could afford and that way you will always look after them! Still stick to it ( one gauger I have is 30 years old and quarter its size)
Sound like Trigger and his road broom!
'Look after your broom'
Dave said (Rodney) ' and your broom will look after you'.
'No - just look after your broom'.
20 heads and 15 shanks later!!

B

Blunt Tool

Sound like Trigger and his road broom!
'Look after your broom'
Dave said (Rodney) ' and your broom will look after you'.
'No - just look after your broom'.
20 heads and 15 shanks later!!
Painter I was working with was varnishing staircase so got him to sand and revarnish my Rabone Chesterman boat level, good as new again he polished up the brass!!

O

Old Mod

Don't, reading that makes me mad! I had a gauger last year that was thieved on a job, I'd had it for 10 years and was perfect!
Who would want a gauging trowel that badly.
Makes my blood boil!

B

Blunt Tool

Tools that have been stolen over the years!!
Remember working for an 85 year old spinster, she was a multi millionaire and her house was on five floors and was working at top of house. No one else was ever there apart from the 2 of us and I have never had so much tools stolen!!

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I can see another thread here!

Yeah you should start one TJ.
I'll start looking in my van/store now and then I'll start making a list of how much of my kit is holidaying in Newcastle! Give me a few weeks and I should be 50% there! That's if my pen and pad ain't gone as well!!!!
:tearsofjoy:

T

Time's Ran Out

Your always complaining about missing some tool or bucket!
However I do admit to somehow aquiring 2x 600mm rubi cutters over the past 5 years, so I shall return them this weekend so you can renew the cutting wheels.
See you then.
John.

T

Terry the tiler

I have a stiff cleaning brush brought from an industrial cleaning company Hugh crane. I clean my tools every time a I do a new mix and at the end of the day.
I havent done it myself but a plastering friend has left his trowel (only the steel, not handle) in brick acid or an alkaline residue cleaner will probably work too, overnight. Tolls will come out cleaner than the day you brought them

Reply to Cardinal sin - tools in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks