Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Calling sigma nerds, advice needed in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
right I've touched on this before but it's time now to replace the ts40 as it's just about given dead now.

Sigma 2g or 3g3m? Could I put a max handle on the 2g?

OP
L

LM

No, max handles start at 8mm, the 2g has a 6mm rail.
Personally I don't like the 2g, I find it too unstable.
For small tiles you normally don't need huge breaking force and hence if 350mm is long enough then imo the best machine is an Art 6.
If you want to go to 450mm or so then go for a 3g, it has an 8mm rail/bar, is 45mm longer than a 3g3m, but you can if you wish put a max handle on it also, although if you need a max handle for a tile that size then you'd be better off with a machine in the 600mm range as it will deal with the toughness with much more ease.

OP
W

WetSaw

For small tiles you normally don't need huge breaking force and hence if 350mm is long enough then imo the best machine is an Art 6.
If you want to go to 450mm or so then go for a 3g, it has an 8mm rail/bar, is 45mm longer than a 3g3m, but you can if you wish put a max handle on it also, although if you need a max handle for a tile that size then you'd be better off with a machine in the 600mm range as it will deal with the toughness with much more ease.

Now that is proper Sigma nerdiness!!

OP
Q

Qwerty

I would look at something bigger than a 2G to replace a TS40. I find the 2G great for metros and other small format stuff, but not much else

OP
F

Flintstone

I want the max handle for Its function more than it's force, I don't want a pull handle. Basically, a cutter around 400 with a max handle or the ability to put a max handle on. Just for all tiles upto that size. I have a 3c3m for larger stuff

OP
F

Flintstone

So why is a 3G better than a 3g3m ? And why is an art better? And can you put a max handle on the art? I like the wide base, looks practical and the fixed bar

peteablard

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Selling my 2g as prefer my ts40, as mentioned above its too unstable. Was only speaking to Lee from Sigma yesterday at a trade day and asked about the max handle for it but not available so it's going on ebay

OP
F

Flintstone

So basically I'm looking at an art 6 or a 3g3m or a 3G

Either of which will take a max handle, correct ?

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just gone the other way and bought a montipuma........not used it yet, but am after a small kitchen splashback sized cutter.

Looked at the sigma 3L3m, but never had a sigma. Want a push cutter, as I don't think I could get on with a pull. The 3l3m looks like you push away from the measure bar. Can the handle be reversed on bar??

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Can I get a piece of advice aswell? Bought a new tungsten blade for my sigma then saw another one but more expensive as it was titanium, but when I use that one it seems softer and more prone to not get a clean break and cut? Both sigma originals, don't know if it is just that one or should just stick to tungsten ones?

OP
L

LM

Can I get a piece of advice aswell? Bought a new tungsten blade for my sigma then saw another one but more expensive as it was titanium, but when I use that one it seems softer and more prone to not get a clean break and cut? Both sigma originals, don't know if it is just that one or should just stick to tungsten ones?
The titanium are more expensive as they are a better wheel, are more durable and last longer, what Sigma have you got as different machines take different wheels?

Reply to Calling sigma nerds, advice needed in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock