Discuss Burgess Hill shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Chucky_Chan

Hi,

I have a shower 120 x 80 cm that needs tiling. There are two walls and they are a fair bit out (around 1.5cm over a metre from bottom) vertically so would need building up as removing aquapanel to correct is not an option.

There are 4 sqm to tile with 30x60 porcelain tiles.

Cheers

Chucky

T

Time's Ran Out

Then I'd suggest you get the 'trade' back who fitted the panels to correct their work because over 2 metres that's 30mm out and British standards is 2mm.
It can certainly be overboarded if you have 12mm available at the bottom, framing out the top to straighten up the wall, but using adhesive to 30mm would not be acceptable.
Good luck.

Reply to Burgess Hill shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks