Discuss Britflex rs versus TM ultimate in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Cris

TF
Reaction score
Hey guys . I've got a job laying quartz resin floor and wall tiles and because builder wants to supply materials I requested TM ultimate....but he just got back to saying he picked up britflex rs which he claims is as good.......your thoughts?

T

Tile Shop

Two completely different adhesives..... Insist on the TM Ultimate

The Britflex is less flexible and uses more water in the mix (5 litres the the ultimates 3.6), meaning it could cause the quartz to curl due to excess moisture ingress.

If he says they're as good each other, might be a tell-tale sign you need to get someone who knows what they're talking about...... i.e. not a builder.

Sorry to be blunt.

F

Flintstone

Good old builders, there is only one reason he's got that other stuff, it will be cheaper!
What does he know about tiling with quartz tiles

Cris

TF
Reaction score
rest assured i wouldnt do the job with that cack..... apparently he was told that by the premise who sold the tiles ! ... he has relented and agreed to go with ultimate after i pointed out the merits of both adhesives :)

Cris

TF
Reaction score
something else I had to have a quiet word with him about...."ill PVA the floor before you come"

J

Just Rizzle

i use nothing else but tm ultimate these days it,s the best out there cant beat it .
gives me the confidence no other addy dose.
watch out for more expensive imitations.

Reply to Britflex rs versus TM ultimate in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks