Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bostik Vitriflex Grey rsf in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

J

J Sid

Please checkout the following advertisement.
are you getting messages in your twitter in box from this gent trying to get you to change? :(

W

White Room

I've had one supplier who used to do Weber, there was a failure and didn't (allegedly) get a very good response from them so stopped supplying.
Then supplied Tilemaster, conflict about price per bag or something so stopped that.
Then onto Norcross which I'm not a fan but continues to supply including some Palace, then Granfix under the Ultra label which there was another failure, very little response from the company (again allegedly) they stopped supplying.
Never known a supplier to change suppliers sooooooooooo many times, now they are considering Benfer.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Arms
Reaction score
We used to use Biscem (Bostik) when I first started out as they were half the price of the only other gear available locally at the time (Ardex). I remember a failed floor with Vitriflex. When it was first launched it said on the bag it could be laid directly onto Gyproc without the need for overlay. It was subsequently removed from all the literature. The old Showerproof ready-mix with the green lid was awesome. Gypsum based if I recall and would pull the pb clean off the blockwork if you had to replace a tile.
I remember the bucket ready stuff it was made by RMC then changed to bostic

T

Tile Shop

We supply bostik.... tilers used to love it under their old pre-buyout name biscem. Used to be a great company.

Now, their after service is....... not great. One person i occasionally get through to on their technical line always has to pop off and ask someone else some i'm left waiting 2 hours for a call back, an getting them to do a site visit when something goes wrong is virtually impossible. We'll send images, a perfectly good method statement showing it was all done correctly and it still takes 2 months and an argument with one of their seniors for them to even consider it.

Just my experience but others may have had better support.

OP
A

andy8758

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
It's good to see a general consensus that Tilers want to use https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ that is reliable and has good back up service. In fact, I have had great back up from BAL, who have a technical dept that is always accessible, Schluter who took the time to follow up two queries on their products, and Tilemaster who were prepared to replace a defective product without recalling it. Yet, the biggest criticisms within these forums of such companies is that their products are too expensive. So if a retailer is telling me "all the local Tilers are using this cos it's so cheap" I tend to believe him. And as it happens, the Bostik rsf seems to be a pretty good product to use.

One thing I have learnt is that all Tilers have favourite products. I once met Deano who only ever used Mapei. Another tiler from the NE only used Weber. One guy swore that only Granfix was any good. Two Tilers doing commercial contracts would only use Ultra. And almost yet nearly every commercial contract seems to supply Norcross.

That still leaves me wondering how many guys would go for the cheapest, especially in large flooring contracts, where 50 and more bags of rsf can add up to big savings. And that's money in your pocket.

Reaction score
From reading this forum for however long I have been I'd say the majority if not all the guys who regularly post would go for the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ they trust, tried and tested over a cheaper alternative on larger jobs. I've recently being doing a bit for a bathroom firm who have their own branded gear, they also stock Weber at ÂŁ3.50 a bag more. I always insist on Weber just on reputation.

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Reliability , quality and affordable prices ! And For me At the moment it's Dunlop, unless the project requires something more specific then I'll switch to kerakoll or Tilemaster !
Though I truly believe if you do your job correctly , then it's very rare that something will go wrong !!!

Reaction score
Used to use quite a bit of Dunlop, always got on with ok. The ptb, in a green bag years back was excellent and used hundreds of tubs of the ready mix waterproof. It's sold in a couple of big diy sheds round my way which I think puts some tilers off. Went on a Dunlop course years ago, we were basically told it's a Bal product for the more budget end of the market.

peteablard

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's good to see a general consensus that Tilers want to use adhesive that is reliable and has good back up service. In fact, I have had great back up from BAL, who have a technical dept that is always accessible, Schluter who took the time to follow up two queries on their products, and Tilemaster who were prepared to replace a defective product without recalling it. Yet, the biggest criticisms within these forums of such companies is that their products are too expensive. So if a retailer is telling me "all the local Tilers are using this cos it's so cheap" I tend to believe him. And as it happens, the Bostik rsf seems to be a pretty good product to use.

One thing I have learnt is that all Tilers have favourite products. I once met Deano who only ever used Mapei. Another tiler from the NE only used Weber. One guy swore that only Granfix was any good. Two Tilers doing commercial contracts would only use Ultra. And almost yet nearly every commercial contract seems to supply Norcross.

That still leaves me wondering how many guys would go for the cheapest, especially in large flooring contracts, where 50 and more bags of rsf can add up to big savings. And that's money in your pocket.
When I had a few subbys and was doing a lot of car showrooms I did opt for the Weber Eco rather than SPF. That was because I'd used it before and had confidence in it and it was cheaper! Still stayed with weber though. Confidence in a product is worth an extra couple of quid per bag.

Reply to Bostik Vitriflex Grey rsf in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock