Discuss Big Up for the Big Clinker . in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Towers62

Got the big fellow a couple of months ago and have had no problems with any tile cut. Laying 17m2 of porc in hall and kitchen floor at mo and cutting like a dream, alot betyter than my Erburer wet cutter. Just got a Macrist diamond wheel from Tradetiler today so that problem should be sorted. Anyhows big up for the Big Clinker sound investment that will last for years.

Cheers

Mick

M.A. TILING

:thumbsup:

Reaction score
I've had two of these babies and my cutting wheels last for ages, because they are on roller bearings, tried Rubi's, they're good but the two part cutting action I find frustrating, and the later ones are just too expensive, so I'll stick with my clinker. A good value for money cutter.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

D

Davy44

I've had a look at this in the Screwfix catalogue and think it might be just the job for cutting 600x300x10mm porcelain tiles in my mates bathroom. (they wrecked a brand new diamond wheel the first day). But I've also read that they can chip bits off the tile, when making the break. As there is little margin for breakages, have any of you experienced such problems and is there a knack to cutting these fairly hefty tiles?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Reaction score
I've had a look at this in the Screwfix catalogue and think it might be just the job for cutting 600x300x10mm porcelain tiles in my mates bathroom. (they wrecked a brand new diamond wheel the first day). But I've also read that they can chip bits off the tile, when making the break. As there is little margin for breakages, have any of you experienced such problems and is there a knack to cutting these fairly hefty tiles?

Thanks for any help you can give.

They can chip bits if you don't score a tile properly and try to press too hard, but the way I get round this on a very tough procelain tile is to put the cutting wheel 40mm approx onto the tile from the bottom end and score backwards, then score from the bottom to the top of the tile as normal and break it at the top, sometimes you will hear the tile crack, but the bottom may be still joined, just bring the wheel down and press gently on the bottom and it should break fine, It's rare that you have to do this though.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

D

Davy44

Thanks Ken. It looks like this may do the job then, and the price is about right for a budget cutter. The reviews so far seem fairly positive.

Reply to Big Up for the Big Clinker . in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks