Discuss Best Way To Insert Images In A Thread in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been playing around with images to see what the best way to add them to a thread is.

Seems adding them as an attachment and then inserting them all as a thumbnail is best for a couple of reasons.

First you can browse through all images using the lightbox pop up. So the black box with arrows that select the next images. Then of course you can exit that and it hasn't messed the page up.

I seem to find adding them as an attachment and not inserting them, causes the page to mess up on a mobile when you click on one. And inserting them whole makes the as huge and then the image overlaps the text when you click on it.

Anybody else found this?

I'm going to see if I can force all images to add like that if nobody can see a problem with it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I get it on mobile.

image.jpg

O

Old Mod

No only on my iPad. With my 6+ if I click thumbnail it opens a new window for the image, drives me mad coz I have to close window and click next one and so on. Sometimes I even have to sign in again to open image window. But then my screens big enough so if someone inserts a full image I don't need to enlarge it anymore and if I do I just expand the screen, I don't click to enlarge. If I do, yeah it overlaps text and images but click again and it reverts!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 6 so what's going on there you should have lightbox.

O

Old Mod

No idea mate, is there any kind of option in settings do you know?
Maybe your 6 is a newer model than my 6+ even though I've probably had urs longer. The 6+ has been slow outta the box cos of the original bending issue! Haha

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What happens when you click the above images? New window jobby?

Can anybody else test for me?

O

Old Mod

If I click ur images, yes, new window.
If I click full images they expand massive, click again and revert

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have a look in some settings tomorrow

Can you get iPad for me when you can and test that these do actually still do it for you.

O

Old Mod

Ok so I'm using my iPad, if I click urs I get light box, so any attached images.
If I click full images, they get enormous, click again they revert.
Hope this help? Hahaha

Is it user privileges? :D

I

Ian

Yeah, all images from my phone open on a new page mate. If they do open on the same screen, which has only happened a couple of times, they're massive and I can't zoom out either.

O

Old Mod

Yeah, all images from my phone open on a new page mate. If they do open on the same screen, which has only happened a couple of times, they're massive and I can't zoom out either.
Have u tried clicking them again @Bri ? If mine expand like that, I click again and they reduce.

Reply to Best Way To Insert Images In A Thread in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks