Discuss Best silicone? (for bathroom) in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

wau5

Can anyone recommend the best silicone sealant there is/you have used that is highly flexible/good quality/mould resistant and will last for a long time?
Don't care about the price as I need only a tube of it, preferable something that either toolstation or screwfix stocks?
Thanks in advance!

S

Spud

I used the Micromax silicone the other day it was good I prefer the mapei silicone but cant knock the micromax especially as I didnt supply it

O

One Day

Tilemaster silicone smells and acts just like Soudal S70.
If it is (and I suspect it actually is) then it's a superb silicone at a crazy cheap price!

S

Spud

Tilemaster silicone smells and acts just like Soudal S70.
If it is (and I suspect it actually is) then it's a superb silicone at a crazy cheap price!
was using it recently with Marc 3 fall and he told me it can be used on stone which is another plus for the tile master silicone

O

One Day

was using it recently with Marc 3 fall and he told me it can be used on stone which is another plus for the tile master silicone

Just like Soudal S70! I'm convinced it's the same. No strong silicone smell. Soudal has a pretty unique smell and it's identical.
I was paying lots more from Stonetools for my S70, now I use TM all the time.
It's thick and easy to work too.

Q

Qwerty

The new TM silicone is a neutral cure (No acetoxy) silicone meaning it is fine on stone as won't bleed into the material. Great for siliconing to paint too

F

Flintstone

I always use tile master silicone nothing else!
Nice and thick. I used granfix last week as it was supplied and it was so thin it was a nightmare to use

W

wau5

Thanks all for suggesting the dow corning, tried it and seems like a good stuff ( so far) + Could pick it up from local SF which was a huge advantage.

Reply to Best silicone? (for bathroom) in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks