Discuss Best ats blade for stone in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

ive got a wet room coming up next week with natural tiles, not sure if there trav or marble, usually a soft material, can anyone recommend a good ats blade for this sort of material? I have a couple of turbo thin blades and one continuous rim Are the segmented ones better?

J

J Sid

I find the turbo is a good all round one as is the new one. Both will be find for travertine, anything harder needs wet cutting.
wet cutting is advisable of all stone, will give a better cut as well as less dust

F

Flintstone

Wet sponge cut?
I have always used the wet cutter in the past but since I've been using the grinder more and more I want to have a go with that on this job.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used the vacuumed brazed on the last limestone I did , 130m2, 1 blade .
Like Julian says though, very dusty

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No mate, I use a apprentice :)
Seriously , I always cut outside , rain or snow (it's never sunny up here) I sometimes wear a mask, but not often :(
I love my Brooklyn saw, its superb, but it's a beast so just use my grinder

F

Flintstone

I always cut out side too unless it's a bit of a building site. Apprentice for mixing, apprentice for cutting, you only need to teach him to stick them on and you can stay at home

J

J Sid

I don't believe you can get the cut edge quality cutting harder stone dry or with a sponge.

Reply to Best ats blade for stone in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks