Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Best and Worst grout in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
we all come across different brands, maybe clients bought it, or spec'd it etc.etc... who do you hate, and why ?

Cris

TF
Reaction score
BAL micromax all excellent but gunmetal deffo got problem with patchy results. No problem with Nicobond. Tried white Grout3000 and wasn't impressed.....not as white as BAL and took to long to go off

OP
T

thegwads

Interesting posts, from my experience , used to love Weber silver grey, 12 years ago, anything nowadays by Weber or transfix I won't touch.
For colour fastness bal micromax, all day long. Rarely patchy but a dog on porcelain. Mapei ucp on anything pale or ceramics, so quick to stabilise and settle, can finish a room wall by wall easily on ceramics.
Interesting to hear the tile master 3000 gets votes, love their levelling gear, never tried grouts, but may do now....
As far as anything grey, then gal mcromax 2 smoke wins for me, then mapei jasmine for anything else

OP
H

hmtiling

Weber pro joint is the worst for me by a long way.
I really get on with Ultra grout, i find it sets somewhere inbetween 3000 and ucp and that suits my speed.

OP
C

Canyondust

Have just used Micromax 2 Gunmetal for 25m2 in a wetroom. Very easy to mix, joints filled easily and mixing ratio seemed perfect. Finish is uniform and pleasing.
Mapei UCP Anthracite used on the floor (same room). Again easy to mix but was very thick following mix instructions and thus hard to compare application. Finish is very similar to the BAL.

OP
N

NZ_Tiler

Mapei UCP but geez the grouts change a bit depending what colour it is. 110 is awful most others are ok.

Reaction score
Ardex grouts are the best I find, can't fault them. I used the Tilemaster 3000 grout not long ago and found it horrendous to use, pin holed and washed out the joints. Terrible stuff.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hate nicobond horrible stuff, silver grey is the WORST. Not a fan of bal mm2 either. Use ultra mostly fine it good, don't mind mapei ucp, and can say a bad woRd about ardent just don't get to use it much

OP
M

MTiler

I dont have a problem with Mapei UCP which I mainly use and I like Ardex FS and Kerakolls Fugabella.
Best Epoxy is Kerakoll Fugalite ECO, but theyve recently released their new Fugalite Bio range which is hypo-allergenic which is a game changer for me.

Mario

TF
Reaction score
Best i ever used was Mapei and Ardex.
Worst i ever used is Larsen.dificult to spread.wen u wipe it turns in to **** (sorry). And the finish if u not carefull is worst then u can imagine.

Albert

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I use Weber silver grey wide joint as an everyday grey floor grout
by far the easiest grout I have ever used. You can grout 100 2m and
then start washing off. [Green bag, cement based]

Last edited:

Reply to Best and Worst grout in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock