Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Best and Worst grout in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
we all come across different brands, maybe clients bought it, or spec'd it etc.etc... who do you hate, and why ?

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
One contractor i work for uses Evostik Pro SGS floor grour. Brilliant stuff, goes off quock , full joint, fast setting.

OP
I

Ian

Any butech grout is terrible in my opinion like nicobond .

It used to be made by Mapei, not sure if it is still. It's been a while since I used it.

Tilemaster's grout 3000 is head a shoulders above the rest IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It used to be made by Mapei, not sure if it is still. It's been a while since I used it.

Tilemaster's grot 3000 is head a shoulders above the rest IMO.

H that's why I hate mapei grout too ,tile master grout is quality but we don't use it much

OP
S

Spud

the worst I have used was one of the new Bal ones and it was the most expensive too shame as they used to make the best white grout by far , palace grouts didnt impress me much either on porcelain too soft and washed out of the joint far too easily

Reaction score
Not keen on Ultra grout because it seems to dry far to quick and is a pig to mix.
Weber Pro limestone for natural stone floors has taken 2-4 days to go off sometimes!!

Tile master 3000 in any colour seems to be the 'dogs jacobs'
It also has the benefit of being versatile... can use nearly everywhere!

OP
P

Peter

Worst Bal Micromax 2, best Evostik/Bostik SGS (also cheapest). Bostik grouts are some of the best to work with and very overlooked

OP
I

Ian

Worst Bal Micromax 2, best Evostik/Bostik SGS (also cheapest). Bostik grouts are some of the best to work with and very overlooked

Agree 100% with the micromax 2 comment, horrific stuff, the original was great, then they decided to ruin it along with a 50% price hike!!! I've also found super flex wide joint to be very difficult to wash off the past few times I've used it.

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

YThe best white grout - Sovergein.
The best Jasmin and black - Mapei.
Tend to be using Ardex colours more as supplied by others - ok but go off quick.
Trying to get 'others' to use tilemaster as comments are favourable.

The worst are - Granfix (patchy and different colours/batches).
Bal - limestone ( patchy ).
Weber - really bad - but https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ very good!

OP
D

Daz

I really don't get on with BAL Micromax 2 - it sucks IMO.
My preferred grouts are Ardex FS & FL

Reply to Best and Worst grout in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock