Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss BCT Tile quality! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Whilst my camera work might not be David Bailey quality a blind man on a galloping horse couldn't fail to spot these problems.

Woodcroft road, Wylam 025.JPG Woodcroft road, Wylam 026.JPG Woodcroft road, Wylam 027.JPG Woodcroft road, Wylam 030.JPG

OP
T

Tile Shop

Ouch! someone in QC was having a very bad day. Or a very good day whilst under the influence of Gin.

Can imagine a job after these having been laid. It'd be like a walk in the Peak District. Cracks, crevices with hills and bumps a'plenty!

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I put a lot of BCT tiles on , ye you get the odd firing fault as above , I just use them for cuts.

They aren't the flatest of tiles but most ceramics arn't :). They do some nice ranges in the HD selection.

OP
T

Tile Shop

We sell quite a lot. The HD ranges were very good but alot of them have now been made exclusive to various other companies. We also have an in house designer who invented a range, we got them printed by BCT and the patterns didn't line up and we had to sell them off a seconds. Happy to say this has now been sorted after much trial and error. But before we give BCT a complete slating, I'd say that I quite like the other 95% of stuff they do and hardly ever have any quality, tolerance or shading issues.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
We sell quite a lot. The HD ranges were very good but alot of them have now been made exclusive to various other companies. We also have an in house designer who invented a range, we got them printed by BCT and the patterns didn't line up and we had to sell them off a seconds. Happy to say this has now been sorted after much trial and error. But before we give BCT a complete slating, I'd say that I quite like the other 95% of stuff they do and hardly ever have any quality, tolerance or shading issues.

Good service as well... The Rep for the North is spot on.

OP
O

On one

Well........I did tile the bathroom floor on this very same job with 400x400 BCT ceramic tiles(That had faults as well) and it just didn't feel right!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ain't BTC the ones that try selling the wall tiles for the floor?

Yep I've fitted some BCT that were bought through Bathstore, they are ceramic and just 2mm thicker than wall tile and it does state on the box that are are both wall and floor tiles

Reply to BCT Tile quality! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock