Discuss Bathroom setting out in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Paul Lewis

Oh dear I'm an engineer haha. Is it that obvious.

I was trying to centre round the window as best I can without leaving small cuts but I think I'm going to have to compromise somewhat.

W

WetSaw

What's going on here with the shower walls? image_from_24_Apr_2017_(3).jpg

P

Paul Lewis

It's had a tanking membrane painted onto it. It will be tilled in the same tiles as the rest of the room

P

Paul Lewis

I would check the weight of your tiles.
600x300 porcelain tiles on skimmed plaster maybe to heavy...

We'll that's me up the creek then i told the blokes in the shop what I was tiling onto and they said nothing at all. I've installed all the plumbing and drainage so too late to overboard

I take it doesn't matter that it is skimmed on cement rather then board and its the bond strength of the plaster to the substrate which is the problem.

It's only a couple m2 that's plastered aswell the rest is boarded or cement render

P

Paul Lewis

This job gets better and better. Ever wish you never started something???

We'll overboard is out the question as I can't afford to loose the size and the plumbing has all been put in.

Returning them is out the question as I've opened loads of boxes to measure the tiles.

So my only option is try to remove the plaster from the wall to leave the cement render.

I think k I know the answer to this question but I will ask anyway. Could I drill a series of holes through the plaster into the cement?

Reply to Bathroom setting out in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks