Discuss Bathroom not going to plan in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Chrisg

Hi , can anyone give me any ideas please , PROBLEM being bought some tile adhesive plus spacers and CRACKED on with tiling , all going well until I came to remove some of the spacers ! Quite a few have broke into the adhesive - also some adhesive is in the joints ?
Can anyone give me any ideas how to remove please Help appreciated .
Was going to buy a grout remover or oscillating tool ?????

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi , can anyone give me any ideas please , PROBLEM being bought some tile adhesive plus spacers and CRACKED on with tiling , all going well until I came to remove some of the spacers ! Quite a few have broke into the adhesive - also some adhesive is in the joints ?
Can anyone give me any ideas how to remove please Help appreciated .
Was going to buy a grout remover or oscillating tool ?????
Many sharp stanley knife blades

D

Dumbo

Depending how old the adhesive is dampening the joints with warm water can sometimes soften the adhesive a little to make things a little easier .

C

Chrisg

Cheers peeps I think I may have learned my lesson hopefully , thanks for all your tips - GLAD I JOINED FORUM

R

rufus the tiler

Because of this issue , I always keep my work clean along the way, saves a lot of cleaning before grouting, as for pulling spacers out of dry adhesive I usually have my pipe grips kicking around the bathroom somewhere which work great.

andyq

TF
Reaction score
get a selection of stiff brushes for cleaning your tools. keep a small stiff brush in your water bucket and clean the joints as you go. use small pliers as mentioned

B

baht'at

I know it's a little late now but for the adhesive in the joints I have used the scoring knives for backer board.
If done with care won't chip the edges

Reply to Bathroom not going to plan in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks