Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bathroom Mosaic Glass Splash Back Preparation Advice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
D

Dumbo

Please checkout the following advertisement.
What I don't understand is why didn't they just come with the finished picture

OP
T

tom8080

Fortunately I'm cross-eyed so it looks perfectly aligned, haha. Love the fact he couldn't even be arsed to add sealant between the sink and the tiles. The guy wanted to do my kitchen floor too, hmmm, let me think about that... NO! He was so mad that I turned him down.

OP
T

tom8080

I'm going to post a review on mybuilder. Does anyone want to provide their 'professional' opinion as to why this is a bad job. Just so it's not a biased review, haha.

Reaction score
@tom8080... Personally I'd cut the tiler some slack. To say it's a bad job seems a bit too harsh. Compared to some absolutely schocking tile out there. Personally I always silicone where the tiles meet the basin (a grout joint will more than likely crack with slight movement through leverage on the basin). Plus a little bit more attention could have been given to the finished edge of the mosaics. But nothing major that can't still be done.

OP
T

tom8080

Thanks JK. I won't be too harsh. It is, after all... just a splash back and your feedback and opinion counts, so thank you for taking the time to provide constructive criticism and how you would approach / finish this type of job.

Reaction score
No worries, if you wish to seal the basin I would carefully use a Stanley blade to score/scrape back the grout where it meets the basin. Then apply a small bead of quality sanitary silicone sealant. Spray with a little water with a bit of washing up liquid added (stops sealant from dragging out over mosaics and basin and easier/cleaner to work). Then spray a bit on your finger and smooth over, any excess can be removed with multi wipes. Cheers, James.

OP
Q

Qwerty

Off centre and the 'bow' in the mosaic are the obvious unchangeable issues. 'It's only a splashback' attitude doesn't wash with me and my ethics I'm afraid. I put the same attention to detail into a small mosaic splashback as I do a full blown natural stone wet room. You are only as good as your last job, and I'm sure the OP's feedback will be testament to that!

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

Off centre and the 'bow' in the mosaic are the obvious unchangeable issues. 'It's only a splashback' attitude doesn't wash with me and my ethics I'm afraid. I put the same attention to detail into a small mosaic splashback as I do a full blown natural stone wet room. You are only as good as your last job, and I'm sure the OP's feedback will be testament to that!

It's a wind up thread - he's pulling your plonker!
He's going to write a review on 'my builder' for a splash back of £20!
We can all see what's wrong with his splash back, but why didn't he ask that first ?
Your everything he needs.

Reply to Bathroom Mosaic Glass Splash Back Preparation Advice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock