Discuss Bathroom Mosaic Glass Splash Back Preparation Advice in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

tom8080

See photo... is this standard preparation for a mosaic glass splash back in the bathroom?

The wall was freshly painted.

Will this need now to be skimmed or can the tiles be applied immediately to this surface with some good adhesive? Is a mesh of some sort required for alignment?

The tiles are going to be just the width of of the sink and to the top of the ledge (basically the top of the photo).

What do you suggest the next steps are, so whoever takes this job on, I know does a really really good job and how much should I consider paying?

Cheers.

IMG_8943.JPG

T

tom8080

Haha, a tiler, but I was just wondering -- is this best practice? Couldn't see any reference to it on any forum or YouTube. Seems like they skim then apply to an ultra flat surface.

T

tom8080

Seems like sensible advice. Unfortunately, I doubt if any of that took place. I'll upload photos so you can give me your honest feedback of the work.

Reply to Bathroom Mosaic Glass Splash Back Preparation Advice in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks