Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss BAL Micromax Sealant in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

C

Canyondust

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi.

I am looking to use a coloured BAL sealant (Micromax) to finish off my wet room. Within the spec sheet it states '
(a) Do not use shower for at least 2 weeks after completion of
grouting – BS 5385:part 4'
And in another section it mentions a minimum of 7 days to use the shower.

Walls grouted with BAL Micromax 2
Floors with Mapei Ultracolour Plus

All tiles ceramic, some mozaic on wet room tray and feature in the shower

From my perspective having to wait 2 weeks to use the shower will be a little frustrating.

Your thoughts?

Regards
James

OP
D

Dumbo

They always used to say years ago . 3 days for gravity fed system or week for power shower . Don't understand what's changed surely new products should be easier to use not worse.

OP
O

One Day

I Think the longer you can leave it the better, it allows any moisture in the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and unhydrated cement to dry fully and achieve max strength. It's an old standard probably applied to old materials and polymer technologies, as with much of British standards for tile, it's out of date.
Normally I advise 72hrs.

OP
F

Flintstone

I always advise 7 days, why wouldn't I ? I've seen failed wet rooms due to customer using them the next day

OP
C

Canyondust

Thank you all.

In this case the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ is +7 days old and the grout + 5 days which I would imagine impacts the sealant where that boundary exists.

I hadn't appreciated the manufacturers specification resembled a BS either so that kind you for that.

With respect.
James.

Reply to BAL Micromax Sealant in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock