Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Back surgery anyone else !!! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
So got my MRI scan results today and it's looking like I need back surgery for a herniated disc l4 which is causing my sciatica agony ! Anyone else went through back surgery before and what's the recovery time !! Cheers in advance

james hailwood

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi mate I had surgery on my L4/5 in 2014. I flew back from Australia especially for it but couldn't work for 4 months after it. No carrying or picking stuff up for 6 weeks. Doing certain exercises helped plank, and yoga was very good. I flew back to oz and cycled 18,000km back to the uk again In 2015 so life isn't over although it does feel like it at times. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for ya mate.

OP
area tiling

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi mate I had surgery on my L4/5 in 2014. I flew back from Australia especially for it but couldn't work for 4 months after it. No carrying or picking stuff up for 6 weeks. Doing certain exercises helped plank, and yoga was very good. I flew back to oz and cycled 18,000km back to the uk again In 2015 so life isn't over although it does feel like it at times. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for ya mate.
Thanks

J

Just Rizzle

know two guys who have had back surgery the lighter of the 2 was back at work after 3 mths the other guy was off for nearly 6mths swimming helped the faster one back to work. every ones different and each two there own .
hope it goes well for you mate.

Stan7

TF
Reaction score
I had surgery on my l4/l5 disc 2 years ago and other than a complication that caused me to remain in hospital for 5 days, it was the best thing ever! In the recovery room I knew all of the pain had gone and the feeling of relief was huge. Total recovery time for me was about 4 weeks.

I wish you the best of luck with the op and hope your pain is soon a distant memory.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I was meant to have it done after fracturing a vertebrae and chipping a quarter of it away. Was meant to have some solution injected and some bone removed but never had it done and touch wood it's mostly alright as long as I don't do too much lifting.

Reply to Back surgery anyone else !!! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock