Discuss ats bullnose tool in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

johnryan

hello all, just thought i'd put a post up about the bullnose tool for a grinder that i got from ats recently.
after first rate advice from alan, i got the starter set they recommend, and here's a few pics (unfortunately phone doesn't take very good pics) of the first time i used them
Knowles Bank 30 jan 2014 (2).jpg
Knowles Bank 30 jan 2014 (7).jpg
Knowles Bank 30 jan 2014 (1).jpg
Knowles Bank 30 jan 2014 (4).jpg
Knowles Bank 30 jan 2014 (6).jpg
Knowles Bank 30 jan 2014 (5).jpg

the steps there, were just made up from leftovers, and done as an afterthought, but look really good and the pic doesn't do them justice really. also did another marble bathroom, but pics are too blurry to see anything. the bullnose tool and the dry polishing pads made easy work of both the trav and the marble. the detailed advice given from alan was spot on and the money definitely well spent. just wish i'd known about them before now. and once again for alan, a big thanks for all the help. cheers mate.

john

J

johnryan

no problem alan. need to give you a call tomorrow to get some hole cutters, most of my old ones just about ready for the scrap heap now. was wondering if you'd heard any more about a vacuum fitting for the makita too. just bought a wet and dry vac so would be very handy if one became available. need a good marble blade for my grinder too, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. currently using a rubi cpa blade on my wet cutter, but was hoping you may have something better that i can use on my grinder.

J

johnryan

yes that's exactly what i was hoping you may be able to get :thumbsup:. would be great if one will fit on mine. will call in the am for my drills and blades. cheers.

john

J

johnryan

and found this from the photos of the other bathroom. didn't come out so blurry as the others;
Knowles bank  25 jan 2014 (2).jpg
polishing pads brought the marble up very nicely

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Concrete guy

yes that's exactly what i was hoping you may be able to get :thumbsup:. would be great if one will fit on mine. will call in the am for my drills and blades. cheers.

john

Is the dust extraction for when you're cutting rather than polishing/grinding?

J

johnryan

Is the dust extraction for when you're cutting rather than polishing/grinding?
yes mostly, i've got a job coming up in a couple of weeks, in regents street so all cutting will have to be done inside, so anything that can help with dust is a bonus. will have a wet cutter there, but i use my grinder a lot too, so the dust will be a big problem for me . also lots of profiling, though that doesn't seem to be too much of a problem as the dust levels are pretty low doing that.

Reply to ats bullnose tool in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks