Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Armeg?? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
At least a couple of shops have quoted that Armeg say their cutters can do as many as a thousand holes! As this came from more than one shop I can only assume this has come from a rep. There's no such info on their web site and you'd think if they were capable of these amazing figures they'd be boasting about it big time. Even if they could manage just a hundred holes, that would be impressive. I don't mind paying for the right tools if they do the job. I've seen the 365's and they look good but I have a lot of drilling to do on thick porcelain so it might be worth investing a little more.
I've been trawling the threads on here and still don't really have an answer so has anyone had any long term experience with Armeg or similar and how many holes could you realisticly expect to get out of say a 16mm but? Also, if the pilot drill burns out after two holes I guess they could prove really costly.

D

Deleted member 1779

Dont get me started with Armeg....

One of their sales guys came on stand as we were demonstrating our kit to young plumbers and was complaining about us price comparing.

My view is this. Sainsburrys and Tesco price compare with each other. Its OK to price compare / product compare.

In our case what we have been saying is that their short life pilot drill (price £29+) from a certain small sized catalogue is

A) not necessary
B) expensive for a carbide drill

]Their response was that they had launched the 1000 hole diamond pilot drill.
Our response is still that you dont need a pilot drill whatever number of holes it does.

The long and short of this is that at 365DRILLS we provide you guys with
FANTASTIC VALUE FOR MONEY

kit2.jpg

A TOTAL BATHROOM SOLUTION FOR £49.99
YOU CAN THROW IT ONTO THE COST OF THE JOB
AND THROW THE WHOLE THING AWAY AT THE END

3101_74795112013_617362013_1742493_1760466_n.jpg

And dont forget that if you are in the trade and you PM us then you get the special discount code FOR EVEN GREATER CREDIT CRUNCH SAVINGS

WE GIVE DISCOUNT TO TRADE - SO ITS EVEN CHEAPER THAN £49.99:

Just ask

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Daveyboy

I know they're expensive but I have to say that the Armeg hole cutters are very good and last a long time...

Their pilot drill bits are useless though as already mentioed and burn out too quick, so I use a standard 8mm pointed tile drill bit to make the hole. I tried using the 8mm diamond core drill bits but found they just slipped across the face of the tile, scratching it before I could get them to bite/drill into the tile.

When my Armeg set give up the ghost, I will try one of 365s...:thumbsup:

F

Fred

I get my cutters from a bloke on e-bay in Hong Kong. You get 10 for pennies, so they don't last long, but do the job for nothing. Got the Genesis kit as well, its ok.

C

Colour Republic

Pass...maybe you can ask TT or 365,,?

Ok you guys, I refuse to buy the 365 drills unless i can purchase them from tradetiler... hows that for a start?

I've now got Marvin Gaye - 'lets get it on' playing in my head

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

Erm, surely that's putting a middle man into the equation, and a middle man has to earn a living as well, end result, dearer product .......maybe ?

of course not, As a retailer will buy in bulk or at least place a bulk order, the retailer gets the product for cheaper, makes his mark up and sells for the same price... it's how the world works.

Some companys even put a set price on products, Festool for instance have a set price and if any of the people they supply sell it cheaper then they stop supplying them

The only down side I can see is 365 lose a couple of sales from this site but the extra sales tradetiler would make outside of forum members would more than make up for it - I'm sure 365 already supply retailers but it will go through their distributor who is already taking a fee

D

Deleted member 1779

I've spoken to Dave at TT a number of times about stocking 365Drills. In fact I saw TT as an excellent way to deal with the online sales side of things if we ever get sorted with retail.

Comments back to me from retail are that they DONT seeing manufacturers selling direct. It competes against them.

TT would be a great way to sooth that issue, and continue to sell online and thus avoid upsetting the likes of Corgi, Wolsey group, BSS group, Etc.

I'm off to Corby on Tuesday so I might drop in on Dave at TT to see what his views are.

In the mean time we still offer the same great value for money at the website.

C

Colour Republic

you mentioned Corgi in your other thread, now they have lost government backing and all members are now moving to the new 'Gas Safe' organisation, have you tried them? I don't even know if they sell tools to their members but they are only just setting up so you've already got creditability because you supply 'Corgi' so it may be easier to get your product with them

D

Deleted member 1779

Yes we have a number of online retailers already selling (and growing by the week).

Mainly (but not limited to) CORGI - BuyBrandTools - Landmarc - Black Country - Basec - Tradecounterdirect dot com - porcelain-tiles dot co uk - Utopia - MYM - Light London

Please note the list above has not linked to any site from this forum as the forum does have deals in place to promote other companies. Thats why I have put in the words dot com etc rather than the actual links. And I have also kept the naming brief.

If you take CORGI for instance well yes despite their devalued status they still have a database of 100,000 installers and a catalogue. And they have promoted us to their client base. Thats a huge target audience.

But as I said I will go see Dave at TT and see if there is any movement. Its his business so he has the right to make choices. Let me put it another way... He hasn't said "no" !!!!!

C

Colour Republic

Good luck! By the way I wasn't suggesting you drop corgi an any way (that would be mad) just using them as a lever with gas safe, unless it would upset Corgi of course:thumbsup:

Reply to Armeg?? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock