Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Are my tiles faulty or is this normal? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
My post with photo attachment 1896, is indeed porcelanosa plank tiles. OP was about lippage/bent tiles, one third and quarter bonding.Just highlighting that you can lay these type of tiles half bond, and not all plank tiles are bowed or bent, my first time laying plank tiles, had no issues with those used, and would have no problem in recommending them.:)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I can never understand why a customer who wants the look of a wooden floor with
the durability of tiles would want them fixed 1/2 bond, 1/3 bond and with big grout joints. It just looks like a tiled floor then.
Random with a 2mm joint looks far better imo. If they are really curved then the clips are a must.
20170120_134144.jpg

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
the durability of tiles would want them fixed 1/2 bond, 1/3 bond and with big grout joints. It just looks like a tiled floor then.
Random with a 2mm joint looks far better imo. If they are really curved then the clips are a must.
View attachment 92107

Agree entirely, random with tight grout lines, (the way to go).
The customer on the other hand , is always right, even ,when they are wrong!:D.

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

View attachment 92107
yep, totally agree, the cut that comes off the end of one row starts the next row, minimal wastage and totally random pattern ;)

Reply to Are my tiles faulty or is this normal? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock