Discuss Aqua Mix Colourant v Mapei in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

2020Tiling

I can't comment on Aqua Mix Colorant but the fugafresca is really good .It has a anti bacterial agent in it that helps to keep its colour once applied and dried. you can go over all old grout applications and it really does make the job look like new. this is a real easy way to refresh your grout or change the colour

wot sort of coverage will i get from a tube of fugafresca? i have approx 20mtrs to re colour, ivory grout but want the grout to look as white as possible. any advice would be fantastic m8 ! cheers

T

Terry Cottar

I can't comment on Aqua Mix Colorant but the fugafresca is really good .It has a anti bacterial agent in it that helps to keep its colour once applied and dried. you can go over all old grout applications and it really does make the job look like new. this is a real easy way to refresh your grout or change the colour

Adam

So the fugafresca is really good but compared against what? so is the aqua mix really good but I am trying to find someone who has used both p'haps best to order some here and try it

tel

G

Gazzer

This fuga fresca is basically a grout pen, about the size of a Mega Dobber Bingo Marker accoording to Lee at Wolverhampton branch of Tile Giant and the rep from Mapei.

H

hillhead

Aahhh. I am sure the Fuga Fresca comes in 3 different browns. Are you looking for any particular brown?

A dark mahogany lookin one is needed,it for the herringbone floor i entered in last months competition and another in same house,she has changed her mind and now says the jasmin is too light so want brown.

M

Matt

A dark mahogany lookin one is needed,it for the herringbone floor i entered in last months competition and another in same house,she has changed her mind and now says the jasmin is too light so want brown.

Hmmm. Mapei do a few browns. They have Caramel (Light Brown), Medium Brown and Chocolate (Dark Brown). Do you have a TG nearby? Each store has a piano type thing that has grout samples in.

H

hillhead

Hmmm. Mapei do a few browns. They have Caramel (Light Brown), Medium Brown and Chocolate (Dark Brown). Do you have a TG nearby? Each store has a piano type thing that has grout samples in.

No TG's over here as far as i know but my main shop is a mapei stockist so hopefully they can get me it,ill know by tomorrow.
Thanks Matt.:thumbsup:

A

Adam Coates

Adam

So the fugafresca is really good but compared against what? so is the aqua mix really good but I am trying to find someone who has used both p'haps best to order some here and try it

tel

I'm sorry I cant give any feedback on the aqua colorant as I have not used them, all I can say Is that I Have used a lot of grouting pencils and colorants from other companies over the years ,pci ,unibond, sontex etc and this is by far the best one I have come across so far. if you do try out the aqua colorant would you be able to let me know how it goes.

thanks
adam@stoke

T

Terry Cottar

I'm sorry I cant give any feedback on the aqua colorant as I have not used them, all I can say Is that I Have used a lot of grouting pencils and colorants from other companies over the years ,pci ,unibond, sontex etc and this is by far the best one I have come across so far. if you do try out the aqua colorant would you be able to let me know how it goes.

thanks
adam@stoke

Adam

Thanks for that! i have used tons of aquamix colourant and get brilliant results every time but i was just wondering what the fuga fresca was like compared to it. anyways ordered some today so i will report back when i 've tried it with my thoughts cheers

tel

T

Terry Cottar

I got some fuga fresca today and tried it! i won't be using it again its like paint its not a patch on Aqua Mix grout colourant IMO. sorry if i upset any mapei people by the way i love mapei grout

tel

Reply to Aqua Mix Colourant v Mapei in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks