Discuss Aqua Mix Colourant v Mapei in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Terry Cottar

any1 used Mapei grout colourant? only asking cos i use aquamix one but was wondering if anyone used both and could offer a compare

tel

W

White Room

Used the aquamix but did'nt know mapei did one until a couple of days ago

Will check it out though

M

Matt

Do you mean the Fuga Fresca? I have used it and thought it was pretty good. I have never used the other so unfortuantely can't offer a comparison

W

White Room

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt

So it is the Fuga Fresca :thumbsup:

Like I said, I have not tried the Aqua Mix and honestly have no idea what it is like. The Fuga Fresca is like a paint. Worked well on the things I tested it on. We tried the 130 (Jasmine) and 114 (Anthracite). We used it on a few displays, have had no problems with it as of yet, but it hasn't been exposed to "real" conditions

2020Tiling

hi all ! iam new to using mapei fuga fresca, just herd off it from you guys to be honest ! so iam i correct in thinking this would save me from re-grouting my bathroom walls? ive about 20mtrs on the walls . i was going to rake out the old ivory grout 2mm joints ,(ceramic tiles) and regrout with white grout to brightin the place up before i sell it ? if so does it look cheep and nasty wen applyed?

W

White Room

Never tried the fuga but will give it a try when required, getting hold of it might be a bit more difficult

C

Colour Republic

Edit: ohhh it doesn't work like I thought it did

Edit 2: Hang on it does work how i thought, this could have saved me a rip up and re-install, Is this new as Mapei didn't say anything about this when I rang them with a problem a few months ago

A

Adam Coates

I can't comment on Aqua Mix Colorant but the fugafresca is really good .It has a anti bacterial agent in it that helps to keep its colour once applied and dried. you can go over all old grout applications and it really does make the job look like new. this is a real easy way to refresh your grout or change the colour

A

Adam Coates

Is this the kind of thing that you would keep in stock Adam

I Do keep the more popular colours in stock like white,jasmine,grey etc but I would have to order in the more obscure colours which usually takes a few days.

Reply to Aqua Mix Colourant v Mapei in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks