Discuss Applying primer - advice please :-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

Thanks guys! I forgot to mention the addy lol its granfix powder so it'll be two coats neat then addy :)

Im guessing I ought to do the tanking first as well to get the overlap the right way too ?

Cheers!

I will probably use a BAL WP1 kit as it's popular on here so thats gotta mean something lol unless of course there's a better option? :)

He is not asking about tanking either Neale, I thought Jay's point was valid for others that may not have purchased a primer but might be looking for advice anyway.

:thumbsup:

Are you sure Dom ????

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

He is not asking about tanking either Neale, I thought Jay's point was valid for others that may not have purchased a primer but might be looking for advice anyway.

:thumbsup:

Jay did not ask anything ?? Ajax made the post about epoxy primer and i feel it would be better started in another thread.

G

Gazzer

If i were tanking then i would use a membrane and not a paint on system, just my opinion!

G

Gazzer

Thanks Sir, is the membrane a more reliable method?

horses for courses, its like everything in life, we all have our favourite or preferred methods.....membrane for me all the time. I find it a lot quicker and cleaner.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi gixer i have only used the paint on tanking kits so far,i have found the best for me the pci lastogum kit its very simple to use and is half the price of al others and just as good ,good luck

R

Richardk

horses for courses, its like everything in life, we all have our favourite or preferred methods.....membrane for me all the time. I find it a lot quicker and cleaner.

Please will you point me in the direction of a membrane. I would like to try something thats quicker and cleaner than the paint on type.

D

DHTiling

Please will you point me in the direction of a membrane. I would like to try something thats quicker and cleaner than the paint on type.

Easy as this..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pigKorqimGk]YouTube - Durabase wp wet room tanking membrane dura-wp[/ame]

A

Aston

its a good idea to buy a little marshalltown internal angle trowel for applying the corner strips :thumbsup:

they cost around £10 but they really come in handy for lots of applications.

Reaction score
Deffo not 3:1 THEN another neat 2 coats....:yikes:
pleasee help i am really worried. I am worried i have ruined the gypsum plaster and will need it replastering.
You just need the neat coats on their own when using cement based as it reacts with the gypsum plaster background:thumbsup:
What does it to do gypsum, I've just applied a weak solution of granfix onto gypsum, and then a neat coat, will it ruin the gypsum plaster? will I need it replastering?
I need a whole new kitchen and I cannont afford one, here is a picture to show what I have done
tiles.jpg

Reply to Applying primer - advice please :-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks