Discuss Anyone have Tanking Kit Advice? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Will Blackburn

Hi.
I am considering waterproofing the wall in which my bath runs along. I have kids so they splash loads plus shower will be on that wall.

Do I need the full tanking kit (eg. Mapei Shower Waterproofing Kit - http://www.NoLinksToThis/p/mapei-shower-waterproofing-kit/78484?kpid=78484&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&gclid=CKfg2bjth9ICFRAW0wodMEAFCw#product_additional_details_container) or would I get away with certain aspects of it? eg. just using the tape?

I don't want to buy a load of kit if I don't really need it all.

My wall is 7ft x 7ft from floor to ceiling.

What is best?

Thanks

O

Old Mod

You'll need a full tanking kit including tapes and paste.
Tape all joints and corners and apply tanking paste to complete wall.
Kits will contain everything you need.
Follow instructions carefully, you'll no problems.

I

Ian

For the sake of £50 Will, it's well worth doing. Every shower/wet area I do gets done, it gives peace of mind and done right, ensures no water is getting anywhere it shouldn't.

N

NZ_Tiler

Overlapping PE120 bandage should be glued together with adeslix t super, not just the waterproofing membrane.

I find the pe120 a nuisance to get smooth. The mesh on the edges don't always stay down. The mapeband is easier but still needs glued where it overlaps other bandage. The easiest is the mapeband SA self adhering. Go for mapei aqua defence if you can find it, much faster cure time and it's a class 3-more stretch.

Reply to Anyone have Tanking Kit Advice? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks