Discuss Another levelling/lippage system in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

[video=youtube;5FhDKx8Kq1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhDKx8Kq1g&feature=fvwrel[/video]

G

Gazzer

[video=youtube;AqkEawifvco]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqkEawifvco&feature=relmfu[/video]

S

Spud

try removing one of those screws with kerraquick and latex plus,I am going off of the raimondi system to be honest I find that the wedges are pushing the tiles off of the grid lines to much and you cant keep your work very clean

M

Mike Mike

Don't get your hopes up chaps, it's another Australian invention. They're great at inventing things but, as we've discovered to our cost with the Mitre Wizz, when it comes to actually producing and selling their inventions, they're a bit hopeless... :lol:

R

RinkyDinky

Aussie inventions are not that hopeless in this instance, I purchased the ATR tile levelling system from a company in Bolton, although it's freely available in Europe, it was in stock, came next day and all of the range is available. It works fabulously to boot, producing the best tiling I have ever managed and I have been at it for years. Very quick to use, cheap and it definitely works. It's a great invention.
I tried the LASH and Raimondi systems and was very disappointed for various reasons, but the Australian ATR system is excellent.
And im not an Aussie !!!

V

vasvfb

Hi there. There are so many out there, I don't mind the raimondi but you still have to use spacers and use so many,most importantly the price is high

W

White Room

Aussie inventions are not that hopeless in this instance, I purchased the ATR tile levelling system from a company in Bolton, although it's freely available in Europe, it was in stock, came next day and all of the range is available. It works fabulously to boot, producing the best tiling I have ever managed and I have been at it for years. Very quick to use, cheap and it definitely works. It's a great invention.
I tried the LASH and Raimondi systems and was very disappointed for various reasons, but the Australian ATR system is excellent.
And im not an Aussie !!!

[video=youtube_share;AqkEawifvco]http://youtu.be/AqkEawifvco[/video]

V

vasvfb

i dont know about the atr system, i think its more time consuming, raimondi i think is quicker and easier

F

flooringsupply

As a seller of 5 different Leveling system i do think and believe the ATR by far are better then any of them.

Check the information and diagram to see the big different in pricing about 25% cheaper from the raimondi or 70% less on labor.

The part where customer complains about spacers get broken before the installation, either by shipping it or handling on the job site, or the part where you have to kick it to release them while part of the spacers still stayed in between the grout line, the way the ATR are build you will not have any of those issue and what about having to carry 4 or 5 large boxes of spacers for 1000 or bit more sq ft while with ATR you will need one of those boxes or maybe smaller.

A simple calculation show that on 100 pieces of tile you need 360 spacers of any leveling system out their while the ATR you only need 117 do the do the math.

Don't get me wrong i sale Raimondy, Rubi, Tornado and DTA and if i find more i will carry them too, but when it come to my experience or my recommendation i will always recommend base on what i believe is best, i owe this to our customers

ATR Leveling System Comparison Chart

V

vasvfb

I think the whole point of these systems is to get a great job, cost is very important but so is time. In my opinion if i have to spent an extra 10 to 20 dollars more to get the job done quicker and a great finish that to me means more work getting done which means more money turning over quicker. so its worth it, that is why to me the raimondi is better to a point but all the systems have there benefits,we want something thats quick, easy and effective. Be good if there was a system out there that eliminates the use of spacers and levels the tiles in one, and not time consuming. Each to there own.

N

nzatrtiler

Hi guys I've been using the atr system here in new zealand and found it to be the best
system ever
I've personally used ever type of leveling system on the market and none come close to
the ATR system
You only require 1 cross plate to hold 4 corners of the tiles where other system require 4
clips to do the same job.
With the ATR system I've started using a 10volt dewalt battery drill and man that's like tiling
on nitrous my productivity has increased by 30% .
so I'm in and out faster and on to the next job with out sacrificing my workmanship (when
using the ATR system you will always get a high class finish ever time regardless of your
tiling experience my apprentice is doing extremely well and has gained a lot of confidence
with in himself.
Business wise it's been great ,I'm getting a lot of referrals from my clients I've put my
square meter rate up and every job I've quoted I've got ,I'm now looking at taking on more
staff.
Have a look at atrplastics Facebook page I took a small clip on my iPhone I'm sliding a tile
over a floor I laid total lippage free tiling the clip really dose speak for it self

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys I've been using the atr system here in new zealand and found it to be the best
system ever
I've personally used ever type of leveling system on the market and none come close to
the ATR system
You only require 1 cross plate to hold 4 corners of the tiles where other system require 4
clips to do the same job.
With the ATR system I've started using a 10volt dewalt battery drill and man that's like tiling
on nitrous my productivity has increased by 30% .
so I'm in and out faster and on to the next job with out sacrificing my workmanship (when
using the ATR system you will always get a high class finish ever time regardless of your
tiling experience my apprentice is doing extremely well and has gained a lot of confidence
with in himself.
Business wise it's been great ,I'm getting a lot of referrals from my clients I've put my
square meter rate up and every job I've quoted I've got ,I'm now looking at taking on more
staff.
Have a look at atrplastics Facebook page I took a small clip on my iPhone I'm sliding a tile
over a floor I laid total lippage free tiling the clip really dose speak for it self

Hi nzatrtiler,That looks like a resin floor.. Lol
Y is this system better than the rest??

C

charlie1

I cant see how they comply with british standards...all floors should be 100% coverage, by pulling tile back up it replaced cement bed with air giving you less than 100%(if you ever had 100% in the first place!!)

G

glasgow_tiler

never seen this type of system before, it seems like a lot of hassle. like if u need to build up or if you screw it down to much then squash it down to far, are you ment to just use a super heavy bed and just stick the tiles down

N

nzatrtiler

Hi guys lol yes it does look like a resin floor I’ll takethat as a complement, I have asked atr to post a pic next to the video so youcan see grout joints(so I’m hoping that they put it up soon J
The grout I used wasmapei jasmine perfect match with a 2ml grout joint on the floor ,so yer itblends really well the tile was a 600/600 polished porcelain
Why is the atr better, the system is so much faster I myselfused Raimondi they gave a nice job but to slow and the cost too much, put itthis way you guys do your homework on this …say you need to tile 90m of 600/600
So to tile a 90m square you need 1,145 of Raimondi clips todo the job…. this is the part my wallet likes
To use atr you only need 270 cross plates 65 edge platestotal 335plates work that cost out made me smile
In nz you must have 100% full coverage of glue on the backof a tile
I check my substrate if it needs floor levelling compound weput it in ,I use a 12 notch trowel for floors and a 10 notch with walls withthe atr system and get 100% glue courage every time .so once again im in and out of the job faster and I oncharge for glue to J
JUST GIVE IT AGO YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED ITS WORKING WELLFOR ME J
You should email them they might send you samples wont hurtto ask

Reply to Another levelling/lippage system in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks