Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Anhydrite Screed Question in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

J

Just Rizzle

Please checkout the following advertisement.
if the screed companies told the truth about drying time etc no one would put these floors down ive said be for we are going backwards not forwards

O

On one

Sorry for my naivety,but do you have to sand the floor if you want to lay other types of floor coverings?

J

Just Rizzle

only when applying adhesives that has to be stuck down I believe.
when we do vinyls such as amtico or karndean we sand then skim over with anhydrite leveller I never use cement based adhesives on anhydrite (calsiun sulphate ) based screeds.

J

Just Rizzle

Still have never seen one of those floor...
got 3 to do in next 5 weeks total of 250 mtrs 2 with natural stone and one with 800x800 porceline over 120mtrs will decouple all using ditra and will sand and stick the ditra down with tilemaster anyfix I then screed over the ditra then stick the tiles with tilemaster flexi addy .
it is my tried and trusted method that gives my clients the confidence to trust me to lay there floors ,and recommend me to there friends and family, for 75 percent of my work is by word of mouth.

O

One Day

got 3 to do in next 5 weeks total of 250 mtrs 2 with natural stone and one with 800x800 porceline over 120mtrs will decouple all using ditra and will sand and stick the ditra down with tilemaster anyfix I then screed over the ditra then stick the tiles with tilemaster flexi addy .
it is my tried and trusted method that gives my clients the confidence to trust me to lay there floors ,and recommend me to there friends and family, for 75 percent of my work is by word of mouth.
do you check moisture levels ray?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Just Rizzle

that is the first thing I do. i have a sovereign meter and it has a light system red, amber, green. if its not green its a none starter. I test the floors on a regular basis so the client can see well in advance if his floor will be ready for the dates we have booked in all the floors I have got lined up are all green but they were all laid in October last year and have been commissioned and working.

J

Just Rizzle

Why would you screed over the ditra?
yes.
I skim over with a flexi slc usually tilemasters then fix with a flexi addy after priming the screed
I do this so the ditra dosnt get squashed working on top of it so loosing its strenght

W

White Room

that is the first thing I do. i have a sovereign meter and it has a light system red, amber, green. if its not green its a none starter. I test the floors on a regular basis so the client can see well in advance if his floor will be ready for the dates we have booked in all the floors I have got lined up are all green but they were all laid in October last year and have been commissioned and working.

You saying your customers will wait a year for you to fix there tiles ?

H

hmtiling

yes.
I skim over with a flexi slc usually tilemasters then fix with a flexi addy after priming the screed
I've seen the voids in ditra\durabase filled in once before tile on top. I know this isn't recommend by either company and the only reason i can think of is to speed up laying the floor when prep is priced separately. Is that why you do it ray?
Imo it's just another bond that doesn't need to be there, and therefore jeopardises the uncoupler doing it's job properly

J

Just Rizzle

You saying your customers will wait a year for you to fix there tiles ?
were did you get a year from?
a deal with a few builders they say there building a house etc and give an estimate time when they want it tiled and I tri to oblige .
seeing a guy next week whose planning to build 9 5/4 beds recons tile will be required from sept till dec

J

Just Rizzle

I've seen the voids in ditra\durabase filled in once before tile on top. I know this isn't recommend by either company and the only reason i can think of is to speed up laying the floor when prep is priced separately. Is that why you do it ray?
Imo it's just another bond that doesn't need to be there, and therefore jeopardises the uncoupler doing it's job properly
the reason I do it is to stop the ditra from been squashed an damaged kneeling all over the floor as you lay your sqashing the day lights out of it

Reply to Anhydrite Screed Question in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock