Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Alpro Knee Pads in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I've had am pro knee pads for years now. Practically made for life, all you need to do is de stone this front occasionally. The only problem I have with them is the straps, they're for quite chunky legs and mine ain't. I've actually removed mine and replaced with old canvas belts which work perfectly. I have just urged two other tilers(with suffering knees) to get a pair. They are having the same problem. I know there is 2 Velcro patches to stick to but I can't for the life of me work out how to use the second patch. I once saw some parquet guys who'd solved it but I can't remember. Anyone know the answer?

O

Old Mod

Any chance of a link please?
Can only find m/cycle pads with that name.
Cheers.

H

hmtiling

Sorry iPhone messed that up, yes Alpro.
I've used alpro for a few years now and wouldn't use anything else. As fir the straps, I don't bother with them as find them too uncomfortable.
It could be that you need to pull the strap through the pad and wrap it round the other way if that makes sense

J

J Sid

I used these sort 30 years ago and have bought another pair after trying all manner of others, and find them by far the best. Straps don't hurt, knees don't fall out the edge's.
Yes I know there not some expensive name but they do exactly what you want wp_ss_20160306_0002.png

roadking

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've been using Alpro for a few years now too and i just wrap the strap around the actual kneepad and my knee, so you're actually kneeling on the strap as well as the pad......thankfully the strap hasnt worn out as i thought it would in the beginning....... i find them a bit cumbersome but very comfortable......

P

p4ulo

I've got Alpros too, and they really are awesome. Having had my ACL reconstructed last year, I more than ever rely on them to get comfy on the ground. I've never worked out the 2nd Velcro position either.....

Reply to Alpro Knee Pads in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock