Discuss Advice Needed - Please be gentle! in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Tom could be right about tray. From the pics there doesn't look to be any fall on the tray at all. There should be a specific gradient on the tray that the mosaics follow so as the water naturally runs towards the drain as in the pic below

photo40.JPG

S

SJPurdy

watching the video clip with the shower on gives me the impression that there is more wrong here than just the tile thickness not being sufficient to overflow into the drain. The water seems to be making a large puddle and not flowing towards the drain as if there is no slope towards the drain! Are you sure the shower base former is fitted the correct way up? or have the tiles around the drain been built up so much that the slope has been almost totally cancelled out?
I can't see a simple solution with the information given but I think it probably needs at least the tiling redoing with a tile thickness that is compatible with the drain thickness.

Reply to Advice Needed - Please be gentle! in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks