Discuss Advice for new electric cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I bought the new one in Topps that has replaced the vitrex pro 750 and I think it is quality. good design and comes with a cover to protect the blade and guard when in the back of van etc. got the rubi CPC blade in it and it works a treat on porce.
Even better if they have updated it...

M

Mike ramsdale

Yeah its slightly bigger, much more sturdy and better built. the lid is great and fits around the guide bar and no need to remove guard for blade. bench stop stops the cutter moving backwards when pushing big tiles through. well impressed with it to be honest. Anyone know of any blades better than the rubi CPC for it?

A

Aston

The Norton TT200em is s decent budget cutter, you can pick one up for around £135 bit more expensive than the vitrex 750 but its worth considering....heres a video

G

GoneGuy

I got a Rubi nd200 and I bought a plastic mixing tray to go underneath to catch any water and splills so I can use it indoors

G

GoneGuy

I got the tip from someone on the forum, when I was looking for a new wet cutter.
The mixing tray is available in b&q etc about £17.
It's also good to mix your adhesive on if your labourer is a bit sloppy in mixing

W

White Room

I got a Rubi nd200 and I bought a plastic mixing tray to go underneath to catch any water and splills so I can use it indoors

Been using one for a number of years and get yourself a plastic 9" painters tray to replace the water reservoir that comes with the cutter, it allows you to fill up more easily when water gets low.

T

Tile Shop

I got my ND180 really cheap from work. Used it a few times. Hated it. Wish I hadn't got it.

Now I have a predicament..... Do I boot it over into next doors garden and pretend it wasn't me, Or do I list in on ebay, listing the good points which will all be lies and feel guilty for whoever buys it from me?

In the meantime, sticking with the angle grinder.

G

Grime

Gents - many thanks for your advice. I'll follow up on all suggestions and hopefully find something idiot-proof.

Thanks again!

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I got my ND180 really cheap from work. Used it a few times. Hated it. Wish I hadn't got it.

Now I have a predicament..... Do I boot it over into next doors garden and pretend it wasn't me, Or do I list in on ebay, listing the good points which will all be lies and feel guilty for whoever buys it from me?

In the meantime, sticking with the angle grinder.
The 180 would be fine for ur average DIY jobber

G

Grime

Guys - sincere thanks for your suggestions. I thought I had posted my thanks last week but it seems my post got lost.

Thanks again.

Reply to Advice for new electric cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks