Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice for new electric cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

G

Grime

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hey All - I've just recently started in the trade and on a recent job I used my brand new Rubi ND-180 wet wheel and it broke after cutting 5 6mm tiles. No joke! The power just keeps cutting out, so I'm gonna take it back.

But I need something else to replace it and I'd be grateful for your advice.

I have two manual cutters (a little Rubi Star 50-N-Plus and a big Sigma 3P3M) and an angle grinder. Any suggestions for an electric cutter that is practical for smaller spaces, can handle all or most types of tile and thicknesses and isn't to expensive? If you do have suggestions related to your own electric cutters, could you please tell me what is good and what is bad about yours?

Thanks in advance.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As the op has asked for advice on a inexpensive electric cutter.....
Then it depends what tiles you use the most....
The vitrex or vortex..;) as some like to call it, is imo an excellent cutter for the money....approx ÂŁ100 it will cut most tiles up to 600mm without any problem but above that you would need something with a bit more beef.....like the Rubi nd200 at around ÂŁ350
The vitrex can be used indoors with good dust sheeting as it has very little water spray......the Rubi can only be used outdoors .
Hope you find this more in depth post helpful....:)

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

The vitrex or vortex..;) as some like to call it, is imo an excellent cutter for the money....approx ÂŁ100 it will cut most tiles up to 600mm without any problem but above that you would need something with a bit more beef.....like the Rubi nd200 at around ÂŁ350
The vitrex can be used indoors with good dust sheeting as it has very little water spray......the Rubi can only be used outdoors .

3 paragraphs long - must be Sunday!

OP
I

Italy

sometimes even unable to reason. ;)

OP
M

Mike ramsdale

I bought the new one in Topps that has replaced the vitrex pro 750 and I think it is quality. good design and comes with a cover to protect the blade and guard when in the back of van etc. got the rubi CPC blade in it and it works a treat on porce.

Reply to Advice for new electric cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock