Discuss Adhesive for fire surround in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if I should use a heat resistant adhesive for tiling a fire place feature wall. It isn't an open fire, just a fitted gas fire that doesn't make the surround too hot. If I do use a heat resistant adhesive just as a belt and braces solution, which ones are the best for fixing split face slate? Thanks.

I

ISOMAT technical support

Hi Chris, I dont think you need a fire resistant adhesive for the situation you have described, all you need is a good S1 adhesive
to brace against any flex in the substrate. Hope it helps

Reply to Adhesive for fire surround in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks