Discuss Adhesive and grout recommendations in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

KenJohnson

Hi,

I am looking to tile a couple of small shower areas and kitchens (above the worktop), about 5 sq.m for the shower and 1 sq.m for the kitchen.

The tiles I will be using are: White Chapel Gloss Metro Tiles | Walls and Floors - https://www.wallsandfloors.co.uk/catrangetiles/wall-tiles/metro-brick-200/white-8397/13430/

I am looking for a dark grout (probably grey).

In the showers, I will be tiling onto Aquapanel, everywhere else (bit above he the basin) and above the small area above worktop in kitchen will be standard plaster over plasterboard.

Can anyone recommend which adhesive and grout to use in such areas where there will be water?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tile Shop

The keraflex is a good one to go for. Most of the tilers here will have there own individual preference on brand such as Tilemaster, Weber, Mapei, Ardex, Bal and many more. It depends if you want to buy local or online. They all do an adhesive of the same classification as the keraflex.

Mapei though, is a good brand. But in addition to whats been said above, i'd be wanting to tank the aquapanel as its water resistant, not completely waterproof. Something like the Mapei Mapegum, Bal WP1, Ardex WPC to name but a few.

Some would also say that although epoxy is the ultimate grout to go for in wet areas, maybe more difficult to use than normal cement based grouts, but worth the extra money if you want to go belts and braces on it. But if you did want something easier to use, the two most popular we tend to spot on the forum are the Tilemaster grout 3000 and the Mapei Ultracolor plus. Either would be sufficient for domestic use.

D

Dumbo

I don't think I would be using an epoxy grout on a tiling job if I was diyer . Most tilers don't like using epoxy .

K

KenJohnson

I don't mind buying local or online and my requirements are that it's suitable for wet areas and relatively easy to apply. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a better product... I'm just a bit baffled by all the choice and would rather use something tried and tested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As has been said previously, I'd avoid epoxy. The grouts mentioned above are excellent and perfectly suit your requirements.

Reply to Adhesive and grout recommendations in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks