Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss A testing day: Wet UFH with Porcel-Thin in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
DSC08677.JPG DSC08678.JPG DSC08679.JPG DSC08680.JPG DSC08681.JPG DSC08684.JPG DSC08686.JPG

well have been asked to test fixing to wet under floor heating pipe system with porcel thin so first i tested the tile to see how much movement it would allow before fixing so put two battens at each end of a 1200x600x4.8 giving a 150 mm loading each end then loaded the middle to test deflection until the tile broke at 50kg i had 25mm down and 25mm up so over all 50mm of deflection at 55kg the tile broke so unless you suffer an earth quake there is plenty of give in the tile next built 2 boxs 1200 x600 and fixed the heating system in to the boxs then covered the system with mira floor screed .4mm above system .tomorrow i will fit the decouplars one is iso mat the other will be blanke permat then
tile .then leave to dry for a few days then see how much each can take .the plummer has said on site before you self level the system must be under 5 bar pressure so the pipes have exspanded more than when the system is run with heating at 2-3 bar

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

heres some more pictures with the decouplars i will be using

DSC08688.JPG DSC08690.JPG DSC08691.JPG DSC08693.JPG DSC08692.JPG DSC08695.JPG

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going read this thread in a min again mate property.

But I've just added the images actually in the posts for you. There's a button once you've uploaded them as attachments that lets you "add all images as thumbnails".

Click that in future if you remember.

Makes viewing them (especially when you do a load in one post) dead easy on a phone or iPad etc.

Don't worry if you don't remember I'll keep doing it when I spot it (mods too, right lads? Lol)

OP
W

White Room

Over a screed covering the pipes and it's been down for 2 years plus though Ray

OP
R

Over a screed covering the pipes and it's been down for 2 years plus though Ray
this system there is 200mm between pipes the depth of the system is 16mm so 20 mm laid .when the tiler bought the system to me he told me they are fixing it down now i said how are they fixing the base down he said loose lay .i said you better stop the plummer now .the second you start pouring the screed its going to lift straight off the floor you will have to keep on pooring till it hits the ceiling .at 120 m2 thats truck loads .he called and stopped it there and then .we stuck it down with rappid set did the trick held firm

OP
R

DSC08696.JPG DSC08697.JPG DSC08704.JPG DSC08707.JPG DSC08708.JPG

well got the decouplars down and tiles in the box all fixed will brake out on tuesday and test
the results :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
R

well here are the results of the iso matting

unloaded 68mm off floor centre

20kg loading 64mm off the floor total 8mm deflection

40kg loading 61mm off floor total 14mm deflection

60 kg loading 58mm off floor total 20mm deflection cracking goes through to tile DSC08731.JPG DSC08736.JPG DSC08737.JPG

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
well here are the results of the iso matting

unloaded 68mm off floor centre

20kg loading 64mm off the floor total 8mm deflection

40kg loading 61mm off floor total 14mm deflection

60 kg loading 58mm off floor total 20mm deflection cracking goes through to tile
Wicked. You've managed to sort images out then. :)

OP
R

well here are the results of the blanke permat

tile unloaded 75 mm off the floor

20kg loading 73mm off the floor total deflexion 4mm

40kg loading 73mm off the floor total deflexion 4mm

60kg loading 70mm off the floor total deflexion 10 mm

80kg loading 67mm off the floor total deflexion 16mm

90 kg loading 65mm off the floor total deflexion 20mm

100 loading 58 mm off the floor total deflextion 34mm

110 kg loading 54 mm off the floor total deflexion 42 mm

at 115 kg loading the crack goes through to the tile

DSC08748.JPG DSC08760.JPG DSC08762.JPG

Reply to A testing day: Wet UFH with Porcel-Thin in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock