Discuss 600x900 limestone floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

Kevbos

I don't know where some of you get work from .but I don't get it from god. And it doesn't seem to come my way so blessed .I'm sure it's not unreasonable to think .most cannot afford to pay for all the amazing expensive methods of tiling now available .I advise on best methods. But to get jobs I also have to do what customer wants and can afford .

Reaction score
Kevbos. I am a customer focused tiler. I like to provide a tiling job that the customer wants. However, if I know something is technically wrong with a high risk of failure, I walk away. It is too expensive to get caught out with a large failed tiling job. I have been called to assess five cracked tiled floors in the last 18 months. In every case the floor was "professionally tiled". In three cases the tiler clearly ignored the likelihood of tile cracking due to the sub strata (usually by not using uncoupling membrane). In each case the original tiler refused to talk to the customer or take responsibility for their own work that had failed. Sometimes I despair of this trade.

D

Dumbo

I don't know where some of you get work from .but I don't get it from god. And it doesn't seem to come my way so blessed .I'm sure it's not unreasonable to think .most cannot afford to pay for all the amazing expensive methods of tiling now available .I advise on best methods. But to get jobs I also have to do what customer wants and can afford .
So let's just understand this then when you advised your customer they said "no I want it spot fixed "

K

Kevbos

I work for many different people clients contractors etc .I know what you all saying .but I can only advise what's best .I'm not paying for best job at my expense .it is customers choice at end of day and I do it in writing . I book jobs in if they want them done their way it's up to them

K

Kevbos

In reply to let's just understand this they wanted it spot fixed .understand they wanted job done yesterday and against what I advised .

F

Flintstone

Kev, there are something's you can compromise on to suit different budgets but spot fixing tiles isn't one of them, why would you spot fix tiles like that ? Trying to cut adhesive costs?:rolleyes:

K

Kevbos

Spot fixing 12mm thick porcelain with mapei keraquik .lots of spots .and yes at my cost not theirs. What do I have to say to you lot .I gave them choice .they didn't want to pay for it .it's up to them .

D

Dumbo

So what is the price differential between spot fixing and doing it properly . This is something you have obviously worked out to know what discount to offer them .

K

Kevbos

The price differential is worked out in my quote. Which always says I tile to a flat surface .when it bows dips is poor. I ask for it to be sorted out. 95 percent of time they do this or I do .at extra cost ..this job the builder is a moron .he won't pay the money .so I'm not either .it's his responsibility .I do put it in writing

K

Kevbos

Look at pictures of my work .honestly do I look like a bad tiler .every job has it's own merits .my jobs I do right way .If I work for builders contractors etc I do it their way

Reply to 600x900 limestone floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks