Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 600x300 travertine wall tile on plasterboard in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Yeh....TANKS mark...lol

OP
R

Rookery

Going back to the original issue, as the skimmed plaster board seems to be fixed with dry wall dabs, the solution would be to rip it off, re-board and then fix your travertine.

OP
A

Aston

ok, thanks,
but I have not yet figured out what good is ....mistery

Hi Antonio
in the UK, we plaster over sand and cement, backing plasters and plasterboards. we have done this for decades.
many countries just dry line / tape and joint. we are catching on now.
stone tile and large format tiles on walls has only really took off over the past 10 years or so, so we need to address this when building new houses..

we are always a bit behind in the uk qith tile considerations compared to italy, usa, germany, australia etc...tile has become more and more popular and we need to address the considerations very quickly.

OP
I

Italy

Hi Antonio
in the UK, we plaster over sand and cement, backing plasters and plasterboards. we have done this for decades.
many countries just dry line / tape and joint. we are catching on now.
stone tile and large format tiles on walls has only really took off over the past 10 years or so, so we need to address this when building new houses..

we are always a bit behind in the uk qith tile considerations compared to italy, usa, germany, australia etc...tile has become more and more popular and we need to address the considerations very quickly.
Compry now, thanks :)

OP
G

GoneGuy

Thank for the advice, I'll get hold of customer after xmas and give them the options

Reply to 600x300 travertine wall tile on plasterboard in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock