• Thread starter enduro
  • Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 8K
  • usa

Discuss 365 drills in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

E

enduro

They sent them today, and it said i takes 2 days by royal mail post.
----
Well my drills arrived today, for my job tmro..Thanks 365Drills :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
E

enduro

Well what can i say about these drills, got to the job this morning and the foreman said the plumber cant drill those tiles 12mm porcelain tiles, i said i have a diamond drill that will do it no problem, thats what he had the foreman said....Panic set in then, anyway the plumber turned up and around 10am we were read to drill the holes, by this time we had quite a crowd of guys watching to see me fail, so i put my 8mm drill bit in my drill put the gauge on the wall and started to drill...AND GUESS WHAT IT DID IT, thanks 365Drills :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1779

Re: 365 drills : Diamond drilling of very hard porcelain tiles

Always good to know the drills perform as well as (or better than) expected.

br3a.jpg

Porcelain tiles are a tough nut to crack so we cant scrimp on the diamonds on the tip of each drill.

I've had the same scenario where a whole room full of people appear to see what these drill will do.

I went to a job where the tiniest bathroom was filled with sparkies, chippies, the designer, the tiler, the home owner, his wife and a couple of contractors waiting to see what would happen. Its a bit scary when they are all watching and waiting to see what happens.

Just as well they work eh !

dp9.jpg

The "Bathroom Fitters Kit-MAX" Seven careully selected drills in five sizes

E

eatsmice

After loads of reading on this site, I fell for the ruthless marketing! Thank goodness I did. Used the 16mm bit today and it left perfect holes for my heating piping.
First tiling job using large format tiles and was nervous of splitting them while drilling (before laying). Now have no fear at all and looking forward to doing the holes for the shower pipes.

Cheers.:grin:

E

eatsmice

Thought I'd add a bit of info.

These were Le Piezza "Porcellanato" tiles (500mm x 330mm x 9mm). Cut the tiles to 7cm width before drilling. Drilled flat on a workmate bench using a cordless driver at "screw" speed with constant flow from a hose. The cut took about 5mins at that speed, but the bit stayed pretty much cold throughout. I need to cut a total of 6 16mm holes in these tiles hence the slow speed, but I'll happily take advice if this is an unnecessarily slow speed?

Perfect cut to run Hep2o plastic radiator pipe through. Added a pic of the drilled tiles.

PS It was the Bathroom Fitters kit I bought.

Attachments

• drilled tile parts.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 11
D

DHTiling

I think you can use a faster speed than that as long as you keep it cooled with water as you say.........

D

Deleted member 1779

You are doing all the right things to get the maximum life out of the core and the most numbers of holes.

Providing you keep the core cold (max warm) you should
get the proper life span.

DONT : Heat the core. Drill too fast. Apply too much pressure.

DO: Keep the core cool. Drill at setting 1 on a hand drill. Apply gentle pressure.

drains.jpg

If the tiles are not fixed and you can drill them outside its easier to apply a continuous water supply via a hosepipe - over a drain etc.

br2a1.jpg

If the tiles are fixed (and vertical) Then holding a wet sponge under the core will cool it down plus it will collect the dust at the drill site.

Reply to 365 drills in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks