Discuss 365 drill set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 1779

On tiles that are off the wall (not fitted) the drills work really well and dont slip.

Just place the tile on the floor and start drilling. Really easy.

The only thing to consider is the surface underneath will be scratched as the core pops through the tile so make sure it is not something that will be on show. IE not the tiled bathroom floor. A scrap of wood is best.

Also my favourite method is to drill tiles outside over an open drain with a hosepipe trickling on the tile.

G

grumpygrouter

On tiles that are off the wall (not fitted) the drills work really well and dont slip.

Just place the tile on the floor and start drilling. Really easy.

The only thing to consider is the surface underneath will be scratched as the core pops through the tile so make sure it is not something that will be on show. IE not the tiled bathroom floor. A scrap of wood is best.

Also my favourite method is to drill tiles outside over an open drain with a hosepipe trickling on the tile.
Sorry, I have to take issue with that statement Richard, the drill DOES wander if the tiles are off the wall, you DEFINATELY need the guide to help hold the drill in position when you first start, until you have a groove cut.

Grumpy

D

Deleted member 1779

Drill life is 2-6 holes on the pack (for retail) but we have built some redundancy into the cores so know they are good for about ten.

What we didnt want was for shop keepers to recieve customer returns and complaints about drill life so we dumbed it right down.

backofpack.jpg

In contrast some other systems make no claims so the customer is in the dark about lifespan.
----
My fault. Let me reclarify drill wander (drill slip). Yes the drill will slip on any tile without the use of the drill plate/guide.

You must still use the guide plate with our kit to prevent slipping on tiles either fitted to a vertical wall or fitted to a floor.

drains.jpg

Once you get started into the tile you can remove the guide and the crown sits into a little groove.

Hope that makes sense. Oh and the above method is my favourite for off wall tiles to pop it over a drain hole and drill with a water source.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tiler burden

on another note,

i have used quite a few different drill bits for ceramics lately inc rubi's ceramic set at £55-oo, triangle bits, adjustable bits etc and i have to say i would rather buy a set of 365 drill bits for ceramics alone. much neater and accurate and those rubi sets get jammed onto the centre bit arrrghh....the 365 drill bits last quite alone time and the finished hole is excellent. in a trade where the finish of your workmanship is crucial, then these bits essential

cheers
ed

D

Deleted member 1779

Thanks Ed (tiler burden) you raise a good point about ceramics.

I cant over stress the results these kits have on soft ceramics. For professional quality finishes produced in seconds these kits excell.

They just blast away all day!

Dsc07634.jpg

To leave perfect results in any part of the tile.

Dsc07653.jpg

Even if you never touch a porcelain tile job these kits are a must for every tiler

Like you said above...... "in a trade where the finish of your workmanship is crucial, then these bits essential"

C

cerene

We are about to invest in a set of 365drills. I hope there as good as the pint I'm going tohave tonight.:8:

D

Deleted member 1779

Hooorraahhhhhhayyyy

stuart.jpg

We'll join you for a pint then!

(Richy - Nicky - Vicky) 365Drills

beanz

TF
Reaction score
how do these fare with tiles not fixed on walls? Ie with no centre piece wont they send the tile spinning or break your wrist?

Nope.

I normally drill my holes on top of a piece of ply, and haven't had that problem once. I've had the drill slip once, on a Travertine tile, but that was my own fault for not having enough weight on the guide. The only time i've had a tile break was also down to me... Badly laid out Ceramic tile, left the hole too close to the edge of tile; kept shearing the corner off.

As for keeping the drill wet, i always have a bucket of water next to me, and alternate between drilling and dipping in the bucket. It's a little bit slow, but leaves your hands free.. Thinking about making a new guide out of 18/22mm ply, that way i can just fill the hole with water and just drill away! :D

D

Deleted member 1779

Great stuff.

We are recovering from our night out too and have decided to count our booze intake on a daily basis as part of [DLMURL="http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/tips-and-tools/drink-diary/"]drink-aware.
[/DLMURL]
Now drinking black coffee
:coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

stevee

got my drill kit this morning thanks richard, quick delivery and a good price for what i hear is a good bit of kit ,thanks again,steve

Reply to 365 drill set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks