Discuss 365 drill set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

james

ive seen the 365 set sold for £40 for the set which seems good but are the bits slightly too small in size, wondered what others thought.

D

davy_G

The drills are fine for most usual pipe sizes. I bought the pack with 5 or 6 different sizes, Used them a few times for showers and for one floor that the radiators where removed. They drill ceramics all day long but if you have a big porcelain job needing holes drilled add the £40 onto the quote and replace any dulling at the end of the job. Oh, the dull ones will keep drilling ceramics!

F

Fred

I got a Genesis drill set from a company called boydens in Croydon, currently on a special offer of £80.00p, nice bit of kit.

E

enduro

Bend the pipes over and tile over them, let the plumber buy expensive drill bits, there are his pipes, more beer tokens for me:shades_smile:

D

Deleted member 1779

£40 quid is an easily quantifiable cost than can be added to a customers invoice. Just think that the jobs using pure porcelain cost £5000 because you are looking at £40-£80 per square meter for tiles.

And £25 per square meter to fit them.

Slicing holes into them can cost a fortune if you buy expensive drill rigs.

So on balance £40 is nothing.

You need a straight blade for cutting porcelain
knees.jpg

And a set of drills to bash out the holes

If you want top quality finishes like this

35.jpg

Then its diamonds for the work. And I make you (and everyone else) the same promise.

If you dont like them. FOR WHAT EVER REASON then its a full no quibble money back guarantee including full refund on postage. We dont charge any "restocking fee".

Basically I am an honest bloke. Got a good product. People like it. Does what it says on the tin. And I try and earn a fair profit on it. Yes you will always get those banging on about getting cheap bits in from china but that the same argument as saying save £100 and get a polish tiler to come in and tile for £50 a day and not £150 a day.

At the end of the day we want to do is provide a great service and product and earn enough to pay out morgage, go on holiday, and eat Christmas dinner.

And heres what the £39.99 kit does

BFKMX1.jpg

S

Sully

And £25 per square meter to fit them.

Slicing holes into them can cost a fortune if you buy expensive drill rigs.

So on balance £40 is nothing.

£25 a metre to fix porcelain? I'd rather sit at home watching repeats of Fraser! Like you say, £40 is nothing :wink_smile:

D

Deleted member 1779

Cheers. I believe we sell at a fair price considering the cost of alternatives out there.

On ebay I reached a feedback score of 800..... *hooray* And as many of you who use the site will know to get that level happy comments then you have to work very hard for each and every customer. Just the slightest thing and they will slate you...

Yup 800 positive compliments and only 1 complaint. And even the complaint was about me not having enough pictures in my ebay ads.... Not about the product!

We were jumping through hoops to deliver during the postal strikes.

Must admit though I was livid with the guy for spoiling my 100% record.

C

crocotile

is the power of drill you use with these bits important?

i am about to buy another bosch 36v lithium ion drill. do you recommend a particular cordless voltage to suit?? ie minimum 18v etc

cheers
ian

D

Deleted member 1779

Best to use a battery hand drill. Drilling needs to be slow and gentle so avoid hammer action or corded drills.

Reason to avoid corded is because at 240v (domestic) and 110v commercial there is water sloshing about at the drill site. With a low volt hand drill its much easier, safer and more practical.

RE: Drill selection - that is a very personal matter. Me? I attend a lot of demos and for five years used a BOSHH 14.4v drill without problems. But then some **** Nicked it from my stand at Tile & Stone. Thats it in action below:

a1c.jpg

I could have bought a replacement BOSHH but instead chose Dewalt based on of all stupid things - the colour.

My thinking was it looked brighter in photographs with used with our yellow drill plates. The BOSHH looked dull

br3a.jpg

Biiiiiggggggg mistake.

My BOSHH was a much better drill that this DEWALT.

At the time of the theft I needed a drill in a hurry so paid a premium of £170 for it via a local shop. But if I had time to research I think Screwfix were doing it for about £117.

In hindsight (and in future) I will go back to a BOSHH 14.4v with spare battery.

T

tiler burden

hi

bought a set from 365 drills and they are excellent value for money.

tried them on some procelain and they went through no worries. used a small plastic water sprayer at intervals and this helps alot.

then tried them on ordinary ceramics and they just flew through time and time agian.

an excellent price and they are pound for pound well worth the investment..

ed

H

Holohana

how do these fare with tiles not fixed on walls? Ie with no centre piece wont they send the tile spinning or break your wrist?

Reply to 365 drill set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks