Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 19m2 Mixture Of Concrete And Floorboards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Tiles are parkers wood planks from Porcelanosa.
Not seen job yet so lets assume boards and screed are level at this point.
What prep/spec would you guys use?

T

Time's Ran Out

Try and run the tile planks along the join of the 2 substrates then the expansion strip will not be so obvious.
Once you've seen the job a bit more info could provide a more detailed response.
Age of screed etc.

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah will do, must admit all the floors I've done before where there's a mixture of screed and wood it's never, ever been in a nice straight line!! I've let customer know she'll need 2 kits if the heated area spans both substrates but suddenly all gone quiet!

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Customer has got back to say 'The heated floor comes in two sections but with one timer.'

J

J Sid

You will need two timer/thermostat's due to the different substrates. They will heat up at different rates unless you put a thick ( don't know how thick, guidance will be need) insulation board over all the floor.
19m2 is ok for one timer, power wise.

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks Julian. I'll find out the manufacturer (purchased from porcelanosa - don't know if they only supply only one firm or not) to see how thick the insulation needs to be to negate 2 timers/thermostats. If it was my kitchen that's the way I'd want to do it as 2 timers for one room would annoy me! But you know from sod's law that thick boards aren't going to be possible for other reasons. I'm such a pessimist

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If it was my kitchen I'd just use slippers!

Reply to 19m2 Mixture Of Concrete And Floorboards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock