Discuss 365drills 120mm core.. in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I'm after an honest opinion on these 120mm core bits from Richard

Has anyone used one of them?

I need to drill into 12mm thick Cappuccino marble for soil pipes and was thinking on getting one of these:smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

No probs.. they are designed for hard tiles, so will eat through marble..

I have a carbide one and that works ok on stone , so those 365's will be great..

G

Gazzer

I have one , cant be sure of the size its soil pipe size and no problem on anything I have tried so far.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Richard has a youtube video of the 120mm in use.

D

Deleted member 1779

120mm.jpg

Here's the 120mm diamond core drill bit for porcelain tiles

[video=youtube;TkfGAK9ooW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkfGAK9ooW0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

And the little video!

Dsc08165.jpg

If you have access to a fixed pillar bench drill then great !

If not

Dsc08129.jpg

Punch a hole through a piece of scrap plasterboard (doesnt have to be plywood)

Dsc08140.jpg

The plasterboard is strong enough for you to start into the tile.

Once you have the hole drilled 2mm or 3mm deep then you can remove the template.
Carry on drilling remember to use water to cool as you go.
Take your time [about 3mins] and the hole will form

Reaction score
120mm.jpg

Here's the 120mm diamond core drill bit for porcelain tiles

[video=youtube;TkfGAK9ooW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkfGAK9ooW0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

And the little video!

Dsc08165.jpg

If you have access to a fixed pillar bench drill then great !

If not

Dsc08129.jpg

Punch a hole through a piece of scrap plasterboard (doesnt have to be plywood)

Dsc08140.jpg

The plasterboard is strong enough for you to start into the tile.

Once you have the hole drilled 2mm or 3mm deep then you can remove the template.
Carry on drilling remember to use water to cool as you go.
Take your time [about 3mins] and the hole will form

Got my 115mm core bit today, thanks Richard, and will be trying it out tomorrow on site:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1779

No refunds No refunds :yikes:

Only kidding! Hopefully you will join the thousands of people who try once they buy.

Reaction score
Gave my new 115mm 365drills core bit a whirl today:thumbsup:

IMG00446-20110826-0946.jpg

As 'sods law' predicted that my required hole was on the joint of two tiles I constructed a frame to set the tiles up in as to hold them steady whilst drilling..

IMG00448-20110826-1014.jpg

I set about drilling with my Makita 18V on lowest torque setting and making sure the work area was kept continually wet by pouring water on from a spray bottle...

IMG00449-20110826-1017.jpg

I was delighted by how quickly and cleanly I managed to complete the task, even with the hole being so close to the edge of the tiles...

IMG00450-20110826-1040.jpg

I don't even think it took anywhere near as long as the 3minutes that Richard estimated:thumbsup:

No chipping whatsoever to the edges of the tiles either:hurray:

D

Deleted member 1779

Hey well what can I say - GREAT JOB.

I must admit the prep looks very professional ! That frame looks quite the piece of kit...
We justed bashed a hole in the plasterboard and stood on ours!! but I accept that its critical when going over two tiles to get everything accurate
so I dont think you over did any prep. Just shows you doesnt it that will a bit of british engineering that a great value for money solution can be found.

I think you have done us proud :thumbsup:

298117_10150255483222014_617362013_7532888_899427_n.jpg

Now this is my favourite photo !

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stewart

Nice demo Kev, and good review for 365.... If and when my bits wear out, I'll certainly order my replacements from 365.....

Created on iPhone.....

Reply to 365drills 120mm core.. in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks