Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 1200/600/10mm porcelain with ufh plus sigma upgrade in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

andreas

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi.I'm a new member here and would appreciatte some advice on my case.
I'm about to start kitchen floor project in a few weeks. Area to be tiled is approx 20m2. At the moment there is 2mm thick karndean tiles layed bonded extremely well to wooden boards with some insullation underneath the boards.there gonna be new kitchen fitted with island in the middle. customer want ufh installed to heat up approx 15m2 and finish whole thing with 1200/600 porcelain tiles which are 10mm thick.
My game plan is to take karndean up,with good quality flex https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ lay down uncoulping mat suitable for free cable installation in it and install the tiles. Sounds simple:) however i haven't been dealing with tile that size before aswell as ditra heat -type uncoulpling mats.
Is it a better way to go using uncoulpling heat type mats? Or just use prematted cable and screed over it? Would love to hear opinions from vario pro system and dural ci fh users also any other alternatives welcome.
I'm planning to upgrade manual cutter to Sigma 3E3M MAX as after some research i see most people would select those as best machines on the market for porcelain...but...are they?
Pretty sure will be going for new one but perchabs would consider used on if in good condition. Any one knows anything about rehoming one of them?:)
On top i'm hoping that my 750W wet saw will be strong enough to cut it with a good blade.again what blade would be good for such a thick tile.
Any advise on anything from my description will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Andrew

Reply to 1200/600/10mm porcelain with ufh plus sigma upgrade in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock