Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 115mm grinding disc for porcelain and other materials in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
O

Old Mod

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hey Alan,
Indeed it did chip this particular tile, straight out the box, however it did improve some over the day.
I've not tried it on another material as yet, but this is Florim Porcelain and exceptionally hard and has an extremely hard glaze. I've only had a 50% success rate when cutting it over its length. (1800)

To my knowledge he STL is marketed as a
grinding/ flush cut blade.
I've not made much comment about it because it's a completely different type of blade than what I'm used to.
When I said first impressions were less than favourable, I suppose it should have been worded better.
Sometimes it feels like too much effort to say what you really mean and just say it in the least amount of words, yeah I know, I don't do 'few words' haha
It didn't do the job I really hoped it would, and I may have been expecting too much from it.
But I will persevere for a few days and see if it improves, although for the cost, I truly expect a product like this to perform at its maximum immediately, when you're paying such a large amount of money.
Maybe I'm just being unreasonable.

OP
C

Concrete guy

If I had an improvement in mind for your blade, it would be to wrap the coating fully around the edge, so that it can be used end on in to corners more easily.

The idea of the plain edge is to act as a stopper when doing internal grinding.

I guess we'd need to make two, one with and one without the edge coated, someone would always want one or the other.

OP
C

Concrete guy

Hey Alan,
Indeed it did chip this particular tile, straight out the box, however it did improve some over the day.
I've not tried it on another material as yet, but this is Florim Porcelain and exceptionally hard and has an extremely hard glaze. I've only had a 50% success rate when cutting it over its length. (1800)

To my knowledge he STL is marketed as a
grinding/ flush cut blade.
I've not made much comment about it because it's a completely different type of blade than what I'm used to.
When I said first impressions were less than favourable, I suppose it should have been worded better.
Sometimes it feels like too much effort to say what you really mean and just say it in the least amount of words, yeah I know, I don't do 'few words' haha
It didn't do the job I really hoped it would, and I may have been expecting too much from it.
But I will persevere for a few days and see if it improves, although for the cost, I truly expect a product like this to perform at its maximum immediately, when you're paying such a large amount of money.
Maybe I'm just being unreasonable.

These I see as a more aggressive product, I've had a look at their video and they describe the grit as Medium so I figure it's probably around #70/#80 grit.

They will cut quicker and last longer but might not give quite as fine a finish.

I just noticed they sell fine or medium, which one did you buy Marc? The fine is probably more use for what you guys do.

OP
O

Old Mod

These I see as a more aggressive product, I've had a look at their video and they describe the grit as Medium so I figure it's probably around #70/#80 grit.

They will cut quicker and last longer but might not give quite as fine a finish.

I just noticed they sell fine or medium, which one did you buy Marc? The fine is probably more use for what you guys do.
Yeah the fine grit Alan.
They do indeed cut very well, it's the edge they leave behind I'm still working on.

OP
E

efso

Hey guys my first post here,and i would like to comment regarding the ats grinding disc.I mostly work on large format tiles 150X300X6mm(kitchen worktops-tables-etc)and my main issue is the mitre.I make the mitre mostly by hand but i am not very happy with the results.I have tried many different gringing wheels and i had partial success only with the sorma fastline 60 grit.a couple of weeks ago i accidentaly bumped to this thread and i decided to give a go the ats disc.To be honest i wasnt expecting much considering the price,and when i received the disc i was disappointed by the looks of it.It looks like a cheap chinese product.Anyway,i had an brain fart and by using an adaptor i manage to install it to the raimondi free flex 45 i have.Well ,i think i am done!!that thing eats maxfine polished slabs for breakfast.if you make a mitre first with a cutting disc and leave a 2mm lip,then use the ats disc to finish it you have the perfect mitre.And the best part is that the disc looks bulletprof.I have already done around 50 linear meters and the disc looks new.Now if ats makes one 50-60 grit i think that the cutting wheel wont be necessary.One pass with this bad boy and you are ready!!!!

IMG_2704.JPG IMG_2706.JPG

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

I'am sure Ats will be pleased your happy!
What do you use to fill the mitred joint.

And welcome!

OP
E

efso

Thats a good question,after alot of testing i ended up using Akemi colourbond.It matches perfectly with FMG and Fiandre slabs.Only downside is the cost of the gun(around 100-150 eur).

OP
C

Concrete guy

In theory we can make these any grit you like, however if you make them more coarse they don't necessarily perform the same way.

One of these discs at #50/60 would probably be too aggressive and cause breakout.

Bottom line is though we have a minimum production run of 200 pieces per grit on this product to make it viable. If there's enough interest we can make it.

OP
E

efso

In theory we can make these any grit you like, however if you make them more coarse they don't necessarily perform the same way.

One of these discs at #50/60 would probably be too aggressive and cause breakout.

Bottom line is though we have a minimum production run of 200 pieces per grit on this product to make it viable. If there's enough interest we can make it.

Thanks for the reply,i can understand the minimum quantity,but there is no way i can order 200 pcs :).I can tell you this,if this disc can last for 100 lm there is no need for a more coarser one..

OP
C

Concrete guy

It would do well to last 100 lm, if it did a third of that it would only be costing about 40p l/m .

Reply to 115mm grinding disc for porcelain and other materials in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock