Discuss 1000 posts for Mr Tea Bag in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

charlie1

So your wondering if you should push yourself in to the challenge, well I bet most on here push themselves at some point, I know I do!!!... Do it ash, advertise as a tiler, take on jobs you think you can handle, it will very soon break you if your not up to it but then you will know! Your worried what people on here think... No disrespect to anyone but does anyone on here pay your bills?? Live in the real world mate, get out there like most on here did at one point and get in to it. What's the alternative? You celebrating your 5000th post on TF in 3 years time... Most of it asking questions and getting multiple different answers which confuse you even more... Do it Ash, I sincerely wish you all the best! By all means come on the forum and ask questions but you need to take the advice mixed with a good proportion of your own experience and if your lucky like me, you will actually meet a few gems of guys on here who really do know their stuff.

ps, I don't mean to be disrespectful to the TF.

M

Mr Tiler

good man thank you mate appreciate the positive comments maybe I will I already have my business name and even have my own cards... maybe it is time to put an ad out there

M

Mr Tiler

and before the digs come I know its not just about having a business name and cards lol.

O

Old Mod

So your wondering if you should push yourself in to the challenge, well I bet most on here push themselves at some point, I know I do!!!... Do it ash, advertise as a tiler, take on jobs you think you can handle, it will very soon break you if your not up to it but then you will know! Your worried what people on here think... No disrespect to anyone but does anyone on here pay your bills?? Live in the real world mate, get out there like most on here did at one point and get in to it. What's the alternative? You celebrating your 5000th post on TF in 3 years time... Most of it asking questions and getting multiple different answers which confuse you even more... Do it Ash, I sincerely wish you all the best! By all means come on the forum and ask questions but you need to take the advice mixed with a good proportion of your own experience and if your lucky like me, you will actually meet a few gems of guys on here who really do know their stuff.

ps, I don't mean to be disrespectful to the TF.

well said there Charlie, I push myself every job! My own worst critic, but will never refuse challenge. I just make sure I do my homework before I start, and that's with over 30yrs behind me. The day u get complacent is the day u muck up!
So go for it Ash! If when u get there to quote and u think it's totally beyond u then just tell them u've a 16wk waiting list. Normally does it.
Slow and steady m8.
Good luck!

B

Bradma9

Mr T I'm in the exact same boat as you! I re did my bathroom and tiled it myself and loved it and went put bought all the equipment did a few days work with my neighbour (tiler) free of charge and now just busy doing friends and family's on outside of my main job! Every job iv done iv had great feedback! you should put ur name out there and be positive! There are a lot if cowboys out there doing a lot worse job than what you can do and if you do get stuck you have this site that will help and if you have an absolute mate then you just get a tiler mate in to sort it and you don't make any money on that job!

M

Mr Tiler

if I started goin out and tiling for money I wouldn't gt any help from this site and would probably get banned lol. I think to be able to go out and criticize others tiling I must be getting somewhere... will have to look into advertisement and may even get myself into the forum arms lol

- - - Updated - - -

thanks bradma!

B

Bradma9

Yes people on here will say you shouldn't do it because your charging to be a tiler and your not. I think that is fair to say to cowboys who don't have a clue! Your passionate about it and by listening to the pros know a lot more than cowboys and I'm sure would make sure the job looks nice! Everyone has to start somewhere and you've done a lot more prep than many others out there!

M

Mr Tiler

thanks mate yeh maybe 12 months learning on here is enough to t least make a starting point. and I don't have any tiling mates they all hate me haha! thank you for the positive comments guys got me a little inspired now lol cheers

O

Old Mod

Ash, get the phone book out, (ok then, open your YELL app!) and cold call every tiling firm in it. U'll find something, even if it's as a tilers mate! If u were closer to me I'd give u a few days here and there! Gladly teach anyone with enthusiasm like you!
And no, I DONT think I'm saying that cos you're so far away! I am! Haha :lol:
But seriously, I would. Fed up with guys wanting work until they realise what work is! I'll either make ya or break ya! Haha

M

Mr Tiler

you obviously read a post i put before! haha... i have already spoken to every single tiler that advertises in this area offerd a free full time worker and nothing... on chap decided to take the offer and dne about a month with him don't know what happened but he just ended up blankin me and i know for a fact it wasn't me lol. its just the quating side of the job im worried about doing and i cant know anything about that until im set up and running a business which by then i feel i need to know the score already lol

O

Old Mod

you obviously read a post i put before! haha... i have already spoken to every single tiler that advertises in this area offerd a free full time worker and nothing... on chap decided to take the offer and dne about a month with him don't know what happened but he just ended up blankin me and i know for a fact it wasn't me lol. its just the quating side of the job im worried about doing and i cant know anything about that until im set up and running a business which by then i feel i need to know the score already lol
No I'm sorry I haven't era all 1037 posts haha
well then I apologise and feel suitably embarrassed!
Well don't give up then! Haha

M

Mr Tiler

my missus said the same thing when someone said about taking me on but lived so far away lol... yeh but really have tried everything around here even tried to get in with builders just to be around the environment but nobody wants to know maybe I should just ask for paid work might get somewhere then lol... il get there in the end been out of solid work for too long now time to start putting the food back on the table lol

Reply to 1000 posts for Mr Tea Bag in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks