Results 1 to 4 of 4
Tilers & Tiling Forum - Homelux
HomeluxDiscuss Homelux in the Tanking & Wetrooms at Tilers Forum; Hi folks I'd like to pick the brians of experience to help me acheive a leak free shower on our loft conversion, if I may. I have an alcove that ...
- 29-09-2009 #1CapelesGuest
I'd like to pick the brians of experience to help me acheive a leak free shower on our loft conversion, if I may.
I have an alcove that is plasterboarded to the sides and back with a low sloping celing (loft conversion!). The shower tray is tight fit at the bottom. I have sealed the plater and intend to apply homelux matting to all sides.
- Is a silicone joint best at the shower tray/ wall interface?
- Can homelux be applied to the ceiling and support stone mosaic tiles?
- What is notch trowel is best. So far I intent to use a 4mm for the matting glue (BALS rapidset) and 6mm for the tiles. Is this OK?
- 29-09-2009 #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Thanked 2,471 Times in 2,005
- 0 Post(s)
2 Not advisable, might give someone a headache
3 4mm for matting, 6mm for say 6" tiles but personally use 8mm on say 8-12" tiles. Can depend on the flatness of the walls. Take a couple of tiles off after you have fixed them and check what the coverage is like.
Don't forget to prime the plaster walls first before using the rapidset
The Following User Says Thank You to faithhealer For This Useful Post:
- 29-09-2009 #3CapelesGuest
Thank you Faithhealer for your helpful coments.
One last point when you say prime do you mean pva type prime or something else?
- 29-09-2009 #4
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Thanked 5,410 Times in 4,712
- 8 Post(s)
No pva an acrylic primer bal apd or mapei G"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"
- By indiana9n in forum Tanking & WetroomsReplies: 9Last Post: 12-05-2010, 12:57 AM
- By irishjas in forum Tanking & WetroomsReplies: 6Last Post: 26-04-2010, 10:01 AM
- By shazzzy31 in forum Electric Underfloor HeatingReplies: 2Last Post: 20-07-2009, 09:00 PM
- By terence7556 in forum Tile Adhesive and GroutReplies: 3Last Post: 18-07-2009, 08:35 PM
- By terence7556 in forum Tile Adhesive and GroutReplies: 13Last Post: 01-07-2009, 08:53 PM
- By Brindle in forum Tanking & WetroomsReplies: 5Last Post: 03-06-2008, 07:29 AM
- By gildatq in forum Tiling ForumReplies: 15Last Post: 10-03-2008, 10:58 PM
- By topgun in forum Tanking & WetroomsReplies: 5Last Post: 29-02-2008, 12:38 PM
- By wight19 in forum Tile Adhesive and GroutReplies: 8Last Post: 14-07-2006, 07:03 PM