Results 1 to 1 of 1
Tilers & Tiling Forum - How to stop getting so many e-mails from the forums!
How to stop getting so many e-mails from the forums!Discuss How to stop getting so many e-mails from the forums! in the Forum Updates and Feedback at Tilers Forum; If you get too many e-mails on the forums, that's a good sign, it means you're using it lots But should you use it daily and the e-mails get just ...
- 09-05-2007 #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
- Staffordshire, UK
- Thanked 5,295 Times in 3,088
- 4 Post(s)
How to stop getting so many e-mails from the forums!
If you get too many e-mails on the forums, that's a good sign, it means you're using it lots
But should you use it daily and the e-mails get just too much here's how to calm them down, or even stop them.
When you post a new thread or reply to a thread you will get an email when somebody replies to it. To fiddle with the settings:
- Click here:http://www.tilersforums.co.uk/profil...do=editoptions
- Scroll down to 'Messaging & Notification'
- Use the drop down box to select the option you would like
- Scroll all the way down the page and click 'Save Options'
- Do not subscribe: never subscribes you to a thread. If you use this option, you have to crawl the forums for the topics you were interested in and replied to, it can get boring.
- No email notification: This is the option I have set. This doesn't email me, but still subscribes me, and I check which threads I'm subscribed to by going to my Options (click 'Your Options' in the top menu for the forums) and then clicking 'List Subscriptions'. I use this as much as I click 'New Posts' in the main menu. As these are the posts I have obviously once been interested in. It's surprising what you forget to reply to.
- Instant Notification: Probably what you have set currently. It's the forums default setting. This is the cause of the many emails. But the feature is helpful when you're new to the forums and do need a quick reply to a problem you're stuck with.
- Daily Notification: Send you one notification once a day to inform you of all the threads you need to check.
- Weekly: And weekly sends you an email weekly with all your topics in it.
WE NEED YOUR VOTE!
CLICK HERE TO VOTE ON THE TILE ADHESIVE POLL FOR 2013!
SHARE THE POLL WITH YOUR FELLOW TILERS AND GET THEM TO VOTE TOO!
Direct Links to Popular Tile Forums: Tiling Forum - Tile Adhesive - Wetrooms - DIY - Restoration - Floor Heating - Drilling - Tiling Tools - Buying Tiles - Courses - Industry News (Start a new thread by clicking the blue "+ Post New Thread" button in any forum)
- By Uheat in forum General ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 06-01-2009, 11:22 PM
- By connors12345 in forum Tiling ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 01-11-2008, 07:27 PM
- By Leatherface in forum General ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 31-01-2008, 11:04 PM
- By Dan in forum Forum Updates and FeedbackReplies: 1Last Post: 11-11-2007, 03:22 PM
- By Leatherface in forum General ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 10-04-2007, 09:50 AM