I've tiled up to the cooker hood and now I'm in a dilemma as to whether or not to take the cooker hood off! You can see pictures of the tiles and the cooker hood here . Here are my concerns against both taking off the hood and tiling around it:
Taking Hood Off
- The tiles are slightly bevelled around the edges so when the hood goes back on there are going to be slight gaps in certain places.
- I'm unsure as to how difficult it is to take off the cooker hood and in turn putting it back on.
Tiling Around The Hood
- You can see from the pictures that there is only a small space between the bottom of the hood and top of the tiles. This means there's only going to be less than a 1cm tile cut that needs to go in here, taking into consideration the grout lines. If not done perfect this could look really bad!
- It will be harder to cut the tiles diagonally.
- If we ever need to replace the hood it will be more difficult than if the hood was tiled underneath.
What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!